Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Deleted the back seat speakers what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Deleted the back seat speakers what do you think?

Ok so i put 5 1/4" speakers in the rear hatch and bypassed my amp right from my head unit then i didn't hook the ones in the back seat back up and i'm thinking of selling the amp. dumb idea? i know i'll lose the mids in the doors but that to can be fixed. if i believe i can just take the lead from the tweeter and hook it up to my 2 ways because the tweeter has a resistor on it not that doesn't allow the sound to come in?
Old 01-23-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oi. I'll let WhiteBird00 handle this one.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chadnol10
Ok so i put 5 1/4" speakers in the rear hatch and bypassed my amp right from my head unit then i didn't hook the ones in the back seat back up and i'm thinking of selling the amp. dumb idea? i know i'll lose the mids in the doors but that to can be fixed. if i believe i can just take the lead from the tweeter and hook it up to my 2 ways because the tweeter has a resistor on it not that doesn't allow the sound to come in?
I'm kinda confused....leads powering your tweeter from the amp you are replacing? ...and you want to power 2 ways with these? The signal going to the tweeters themselves is filtered (or do you have an aftermarket HU?), so it would not just work with the coaxials.... if you're talking about combining wires of components and hooking up all 4 wires to a single coaxial speaker that won't work either without modifying your actual coaxial speaker.

Please try to explain again (or hopefully someone else will understand the question).

EDIT: ok I see you bypassed the amp....could you explain how you did that? also...you said you were taking leads from tweeters - does that mean you have a Firebird?

Originally Posted by chadnol10
because the tweeter has a resistor on it not that doesn't allow the sound to come in?
more like it has a hi pass filter (a capacitor being the main element) that only allows the high frequencies to pass -- capacitors are in in series with the signal in addition to a resistor in parallel with the signal path, so you are correct that resistance is involved in filters. Certain frequencies are still allowed to pass...it just depends on the value of resistance and capacitance.

Last edited by fredmr39; 01-23-2007 at 01:42 PM.