Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Electric Sweep gauges w/ sending units

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Sweep gauges w/ sending units

I have had an electric oil pressure gauge and tranny temp gauge for a long *** time now, but havent installed them yet.

I think when I get my car back, I am going to do so, but have a few questions before I go ahead and do it.

I know the oil pressure sending unit threads to that neck behind the intake manifold and is VERY fragile. Then I believe the wire connects the the nipple on the top of the sending unit then goes directly to the back of the gauge?

As for the tranny temp gauge, does the sending unit (sensor) just thread into the drain plug of the tranny? The tranny is a 4L60E. Does it use the plug with the fine thread or the bigger course thread? I am pretty much going to unscrew the plug and screw the new one in right away, so i lose as little fluid as possible then just run that wire directly to the gauge.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as the Trannt Temp gauge, there is a test port above the linkage that teh temp sensor will screw right into.

The oil pressure gauge will have to be placed in the "neck" right above the oil filter. It will have to be drilled and tapped for the sender. You can't remove the factory sensor behind the intake because the computer needs that reading.