Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

4 Inch Pioneers sound like sh*t

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 02:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4 Inch Pioneers sound like sh*t

Extremely disappointed after researching here and purchasing a pair of new four inch, four-ohm, pioneer two-way speakers for my 02 SS Camaro with Monson system and stock head unit. They not even half as loud as the stock hatch spekars when compared next to eachother. Anyone know how come?
Old 07-04-2007, 02:51 AM
On The Tree

well that shouldnt be like that but if you want the best sound cut that plastic out and put in a 5 x 7 or 6 x 8. plus 2 ways are never the best by pioneer. i have all alpine in my car on stock head unit and an amp and sub and my car screams and is clear.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Teching In

Maybe you were expecting too much?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trans99am
well that shouldnt be like that but if you want the best sound cut that plastic out and put in a 5 x 7 or 6 x 8. plus 2 ways are never the best by pioneer. i have all alpine in my car on stock head unit and an amp and sub and my car screams and is clear.
Pioneer makes a better coax and component speaker than Alpine.

ls1owner4life - The first thing I would do is check the wiring. Make sure you have positive to positive and negative to negative.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 95bat
Pioneer makes a better coax and component speaker than Alpine.

ls1owner4life - The first thing I would do is check the wiring. Make sure you have positive to positive and negative to negative.
I connected the +/- speaker wires to the harnes I cut off my stock speaker so I doubt they are backwards. I expected them to work atleast as good as the stock pair but im talking that I heard almost ZERO vocals out of the pionner unless it was at max volume.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1owner4life
I connected the +/- speaker wires to the harnes I cut off my stock speaker so I doubt they are backwards. I expected them to work atleast as good as the stock pair but im talking that I heard almost ZERO vocals out of the pionner unless it was at max volume.
You've definately got a problem then. Kind of hard to diagnose in the interwebs, but it really sounds like you have the wiring messed up somehow.