Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need signal when car locks/unlocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need signal when car locks/unlocks

Ok maybe my last thread was a little complex so I'll try a different way. I need to find a wire that sends voltage when the car is locked or unlocked. I figure it's probably around the BCM but i'm not 100% sure. Does anyone know?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

If you're looking for an accessory trigger like aftermarket alarms have...there isn't one. The alarm is entirely self-contained in the BCM.

You could, of course, use the lock and unlock wires going from the BCM to the doors. When you lock, the gray wire gets power. When you unlock, the tan wire gets power. Both of those wires are grounded when at rest.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
If you're looking for an accessory trigger like aftermarket alarms have...there isn't one. The alarm is entirely self-contained in the BCM.

You could, of course, use the lock and unlock wires going from the BCM to the doors. When you lock, the gray wire gets power. When you unlock, the tan wire gets power. Both of those wires are grounded when at rest.
Awesome, that's good enough. I'll go look at them tomorrow and hopefully they can trip my voice circuit. Do you know how I can disable the horn from beeping on lock without killing the horn completely?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

You can program various options for the alarm/keyless entry verification involving the horns and/or the parking lights. The instructions are in your owner's manual as well as posted here.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

Sweet man, you're my hero