Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Driver's Side Box w/retaining stock 12 disc

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Driver's Side Box w/retaining stock 12 disc

howdy! Just wondering if anyone has ever built a box to retain the original 12 disc changer and if so, can you post pics and your experiences. anyone please chime in with thoughts.

My current thoughts: I thought about cutting the box to get a little more airspace by having kind of a tube going under the plastic cover that contains the speaker up over the wheelwell. But if that is not needed by just having a sub that doesn't need a lot of airspace thatd be awesome...im open to suggestions. Im lookin for clean bass more than sound, but I'd like to have at least as much bass as stock.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

You'd probably have better luck going with a passenger side box instead. Subthump has them available again (supposedly for a limited time). Also keep in mind that if you replace your head unit, you'll lose the controls for your CD changer. When I did my upgrade, I had no heart ache over ripping out that POS CD changer. (Then again, my cd changer always gave me problems that I don't think other people normally see)
Old 07-11-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the input. anyone else?