Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stock alarm has a mind of its own

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock alarm has a mind of its own

So the other day i was at work and the doors on my car were locked when all of a sudden i hear the panic alarm going off. So i go turn it off, but then a little while later it does it again. So i left the doors unlocked and forgot about it. Then a day ago i locked my car and about 10 seconds later it honks really loud 2 times, then it does it again. So i unlock it and try to lock it again and it does the same thing. does anyone know what the hell is wrong with the thing??????
Old 07-13-2007, 01:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Try adjusting the shock sensor. It should be in the passenger side rear quarter panel area underneath the plastic interior panel. I'd double-check the owners manual first though (it also tells you how to adjust it).

Experts: If this isn't the problem - what else can be done? Can the shock sensor just be disconnected? Not to thread hijack, but I have an aftermarket alarm and no matter what I set the shock sensor to, it will go off when it shouldn't. For a while it was wind shaking the car, and after adjustment it was somehow the sound of rice buckets wayyy far away setting it off. Is there a "happy medium" to the sensors, and if so how would one find it? Would it be similar to the stock alarm system?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Prerun4fun13
So the other day i was at work and the doors on my car were locked when all of a sudden i hear the panic alarm going off. So i go turn it off, but then a little while later it does it again. So i left the doors unlocked and forgot about it. Then a day ago i locked my car and about 10 seconds later it honks really loud 2 times, then it does it again. So i unlock it and try to lock it again and it does the same thing. does anyone know what the hell is wrong with the thing??????
was it raining where u live recently?........... theres a module around the passenger side kick panel that is affected if you have any waterleaks. Mine used to do it after a few hard days of raining.......... then it would randomly go off at night, and I would be running outside of my dorm room with Pj's and a bat. It came apparant that a sensor was bad so i just turned off the shock sensor.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It hasnt rained but i leave next to the ocean so i spray my car off with water everyday to wash off all the salt. Ill have to look into that sensor.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

my 02 z28 did that... i just unplugged the shock sensor in the rear and it doesnt go off now.... shrugs i should probably replace it... but hell it doesnt keep me up at night... i just keep forgetting to get to the dealer to soo... w.e