Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Curious HU and AC Panel Question. Please Help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Curious HU and AC Panel Question. Please Help.

I have a dilemma: I have an 01 SS with ebony interior and need a new head unit to work with the stock monsoon system. I am pretty crazy when it comes to getting stuff that has to be modified to fit as I don’t like it to look like it shouldn’t fit. 2 questions…

1) I was then thinking if I can order the stock head unit from another GM 1.5 DIN car to fit?

For example, does the c6 touch panel fit? Or are there any other 1.5 DIN stock GM head units that will fit better and look more blended in than a modified 1 DIN fit after market head unit?

I would prefer a touch screen, if possible, because well, it just looks cool. I just haven’t been able to find any less than a 2 DIN size.

2) Also, for the A-C and Heat controls: does anybody know if I can swap that out to match the new head unit? For example, get the new c6 climate control panel to fit in that space? What would I need to go through in terms of adaptors for this to work? I don’t even know if it or any other GM can system would work.

*If anybody can post some pics of their after market head units and/or heat/cooling panel can you please post some pics?

*Any ideas as far as which GM cars may have parts that would fit?

Thanks guys!