Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sound deadening question

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sound deadening question

I wasnt sure where to post this, but considering alot of people use dynamat to insulate their systems, Id put it here....

I want to run a layer or 2 of dynamat throughout the vehicle. My goal is to deaden the sound of the tru-dual exhaust. Now I know this isnt a stereo question...But for those who have put this in their cars, did it noticeably cut down on exhaust note and resonance inside the car?

Thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

I used Raamat in my truck and I have 33" m/t tires and I noticed a difference for sure.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

YES! I laid roll out mat then I used spray on deadening especially in the trunk area and almost all road noise is gone. Alot of resonance comes in from under the rear seats and wheel wells so I sprayed a good amount inside the inner walls behind the back seat speakers.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:14 AM
Teching In

Dynamat is an expensive way to go, there are plenty of less expensive/equally as good alternatives.

It does make a noticeable difference. I would also consider using some form of closed cell foam to actually block out noise. The mats only reduce noise from vibration.

Check out what I did. Hope this helps.