Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

factory security help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default factory security help!

I'm trying to get my security system to work again. Heres the problem when I lock the car using the remote the doors lock and few second later the horn starts to go off which I think my shock sensor has gone bad.Also while I'm driving the car the interior lights won't turn off the only way I can turn them off is to pull the fuse. So now I dont have my keyless entry or my interior lights. So does anybody now if both these problems could be caused by a bad shock sensor?and I did do a search but solved half my problem. Thanks
Old 09-11-2007, 05:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If your interior lights won't turn off and all the doors and the hatch are fully closed then you have a bad door switch. It isn't your shock sensor setting off the alarm, but the "intrusion detected" setting it off.

As long as you checked your dimmer switch to make sure it isn't set to turn the interior lights on then I am 99% sure that is what it is.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

is there anyway to check the door switch to see if its going bad? and is there one on the rear hatch?
Old 09-11-2007, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes there is a switch in the hatch. I found I hadn't shut my hatch fully once because every time I hit a bump the interior lights would come on.

Double check to make sure your doors are closing fully. The only way I'm aware of to check the door switches themselves is to take the door panel off, disconnect the switch from the harness (I believe there is a plug there someplace for you to do that) and then use a tester to see if the continuity changes when the door latch is open or closed (use a screwdriver end to push into the latch to latch it, open it back up with the door handle before you try and close the door though!)

Once you find the bad switch you'll need to buy a replacement and put it in. Not sure how it goes in there though since I've never had mine apart.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

BTW: The horn is supposed to honk twice when you lock the car with the remote. If it only honks once, the car thinks something is still open.

Usually opening and re-closing the hatch fixes the issue (try the doors too).

Otherwise, considering your other issues, its probably a door switch or hatch switch that failed.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

thanks guys for your help, I'm goin to mess with it tonight.