Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Camaro door panel looseness?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro door panel looseness?

Hey everyone, I just put my drivers side door panel back on(doing a new stereo, deadener install) and the door panel itself moves a little bit if I put any pressure on it up by the sideview mirror side of it. The left side is in solid, panel is completely over the lip of the door top itself, all hooks are in. Is it normal to have some give in the panel? It only moves if pull on it slightly. I am not sure if it did this before the install.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

Check to make sure all three door bolts are in there. There are two visible from the top of the arm-rest and one underneath the door. These cinch the door panel to the fiberglass inside. Tighten them up with a long-neck phillilps to see if this fixes your problem.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sdbrown84
Check to make sure all three door bolts are in there. There are two visible from the top of the arm-rest and one underneath the door. These cinch the door panel to the fiberglass inside. Tighten them up with a long-neck phillilps to see if this fixes your problem.
Yeah, they're in there. It doesn't move if I pull on the door handle, I have to actually pull on the upper inside portion of the door panel thats next to the side-view mirror.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

You may have the top slips of the door somewhat off. Check by looking down onto the door from above to see if there is a gap at the section you are talking about. Sometimes the top which must slip flush agaist the door near the window will not go all the way down.

Check that and see. You may have to re-hang your door-panel if you see that.

Don't worry takes 5 mins.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Teching In

I'm pretty sure its on there pretty good. I even pulled the small plastic clip there over the lip. I will take it apart again tonight to check it out tho. Its not HORRIBLE but I worry about possible vibration there. The side of the panel is not totally flush against the door itself like it is on left side. I'd be happy with it if it didn't have a little give to it like it does now. Again, I'm not sure if it did this before...might very well be like that anyway. Does anyone elses' 4th gen door panels have a little give in that area?
Old 09-12-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

hmm, yeaa just remove it and try to put it back on again. Maybe1 of the clip type thing's didnt go into place like it should. i know i had problem when i removed mine to replace the speaker's.