Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone have an Alpine 1.5 Din?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have an Alpine 1.5 Din?

I was thinking of running an Alpine CDA-D852 or D855 if it will fit. My original plan was to keep the originality with the factory head unit but since my amp and speakers are far superior to the monsoon HU, I would rather have the SQ of an aftermarket unit. My personal preference is Alpine from years of experience with them and I figure this might fill the hole out without a 1.5-1din adaptor. I had one in my 97 S-10 but it has been a while since I owned that. The only issue I remember is that it wasn't tall enough and I had to put a piece of ABS behind the face. Any thoughts? Or are any of you running either of these?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just so you know I carry a very nice adapter that fills in the hole nicer than most of the others adapters I've seen and has the correct brackets for the F-body. I actually have this in my car now as I traded it out from the standard flat face adapter I had. I am also including a harness adapter with this so you have everything you need for the radio for $27.00 shipped. With my radio it actually is very close to looking 1.5DIN. Here's some pictures of the adapter/mount:

Installed it looks like this:

Quick Reply: Anyone have an Alpine 1.5 Din?