Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

muffled subs

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default muffled subs

i have 2 memphis pr 12s 400w being pushed by an audiobahn a8000t and a pioneer deh-p5900 headunit. the subs dont sound good. i hooked them up in my friends car and they sounded great. i've tried every preset on the HU and even with the bass all the way down and the setting on vocal if i turn the volume up to 30/62 you can hear me 2 blocks away. another thing is my old HU had fewer adjustments. i need help adjusting my amp and headunit if i turn up the bass it starts getting muffled around +2 the bass on this HU only goes from 0 to 6 there isint a negative bass setting
Old 12-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to state the obvious here but have you tried the gains on the amp? If those are turned up too much all the adjustment in the world on the HU is not going to help your cause. Try turning the amp gains down then make your adjustments. Also check the frequency adjustments on the amp if it has them in addition to a HP/LP crossover. Tuning is everything in performance applications and in car audio. Make sure everything on your amp is correct and then adjust the HU.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question: Are your PR's single or dual voice coil?