Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

iPhone in the car

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default iPhone in the car

Anyone know if the Peripheral Electronics Auxiliary thing from Best Buy works for the iPhone too?

If not, i'll just get the PAC Audio one.

Thanks,
andy
Old 12-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

If you're refering to the GM9-AUX then yes, it will work with any device that can plug into its RCA connectors. It is merely an auxiliary input adapter so it provides no controls or other features but it doesn't matter what kind of auxiliary input you connect to it.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I know the GM9-Aux will work, but Best Buy sells something called an iSimple Ipod Interface that lets your some of your steering controls work.

I was just wondering if anyone knows it this works for the iPhone too? Sorry for the unclearness.

Thanks,
andy
Old 12-24-2007, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

I don't they really have a cord that fully supports the Iphone yet. I plug mine into my friends cord with uses the cord where you plug it into to charge and in order to play I had to put my phone on airplane mode. And couldn't select the song from the phone. I guess this is how it is since there isn't one just for the Iphone yet. Check out http://discussions.apple.com/categor...categoryID=201 for some info.