Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

SWI-X / Steering Wheel Buttons

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SWI-X / Steering Wheel Buttons

I have done a search but wasn't able to find an answer, so here goes.

For those of you that have used the PAC SWI-X product, how many of the steering wheel buttons were you able to program into the box? I finished the install last night and was able to set up the volume and seek buttons. Can you set up any of the other buttons (like the mute button for example)? My JVC receiver has an ATT function which I was hoping to set up to use with the mute button.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All of mine work with the unit.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Guess I know what I'll be doing later today... adding all the buttons to the SWI-X and mounting the transmitter 'eye'. I may have waited too long last night while I was programming the buttons and it quit letting me add buttons?.

Last edited by curlyws6; 12-29-2007 at 10:48 AM. Reason: forgot stuff....
Old 12-29-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably ran out of time yeah...the first time I did it I was trying to decide what I wanted each button to do...and I ran out of time in the 7 second window. You HAVE to program them all the same time too...anytime you go into programming mode, it erases programming you've already done...so write down what you want each button to do...for example, my mute button actually controls which audio source I'm listening to, my am/fm and preset buttons help me navigate through folders of MP3's which the seek buttons are like "next track/previous track" which also seeks, and the play button is play/pause...this is all with my Alpine...but it's the same way I had it setup with my older Kenwood...so decide what you want for each one, then go into the programming mode and get it done.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I programmed all of my buttons without any issues. You have to be quick or the unit will timeout.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:13 AM
On The Tree

I did find out that my mute button may be trash , I programmed it and all the unit would do was turn mute on and off (I'm actually using the ATT function on my JVC head unit). Looks like I might not be able to use mute unless I replace the button on the steering wheel. How difficult is that?

Last edited by curlyws6; 12-30-2007 at 08:17 AM. Reason: ***