Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Amp bridging and rca connections

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp bridging and rca connections

I hope this is not a repost. I search but could not find the exact subject. I have a Blaupunkt PCA 465 4 channel amp. I want to bridge the 4 channels to 2 channels. I understand the speaker output info for bridging. What I am confused about is how do I hook up the rca inputs on the amp to have it bridged on the output? Do I need to use both sets of preamp rca's from the hu and connect to all 4 rca inputs on the amp? I do not understand it. Please help.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are only going to be amplifying 1 set of signal inputs. So you only need to use 1 set of RCA outputs from the HU.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the amp has a switch for bridged mode, use that, else Y-adapters to split one pair of preouts to go into all inputs might work. Some amps need one pair inverted for bridged though. Depends if you connect - to - and use the + and + for speakers, or if you go one + and one - for speakers and the other + and - together. Look in the manual for it.