Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

new sub

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new sub

so im addin a sub in a stelth box nxt weekend. so im thinkin of leavin the monsoon amp as is i have in dash dv screen. but i dont feel lik doin a 4 channel. But i wanna use the sail pnnel subs for something useful .the previous owner changed them and put punch speakers there.. so should i like runn them hiresctly from the head unit or splice into a speaker or something like that to make them full range?
Old 01-13-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Regular

run the wires from the hatch speakers up to the sails, i did that in my buddy's mom's trans am.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

If I understand the question through the typos and grammar - you want to install full range (or coaxial) speakers to replace the sail panel subs? If so, then bmnicolosi is correct, you can eliminate the hatch speakers and run the hatch speaker wires to the sail panels for full range signal.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What does adding the stealthbox have to do with the rear speakers?
Old 01-14-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

so your saying that the speaker plug will reach to the sails? and if so I guess this mean that the hatch speakers will be deleted...will it make a noticible difference?
Old 01-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Well, sort of. The harnesses that include the hatch speaker wires run down each side of the car but they are wrapped up with other wiring. The hatch speaker wires can be made to reach the sail panel area but it involves cutting the wrapping of the wire harness so that you can pull them out of the larger harness. The other option is to use some wire to extend the speaker wires from the hatch up to the sail panels.

If you install full-range or coaxial speakers in the sail panels then you will not need (or even notice) the disconnected hatch speakers.