Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Replacing Side Panel Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Side Panel Speakers

I new to all this speaker mess with the Trans Am's. I purchased some Kenwood KFC-X1710 speakers to replace my side panel speakers does anyone have any advice as how to install them or if they will even work.

KFC-X1710
2-way Speaker System

General Features
• MAX POWER 220W
• 2Ω Drive
• Woofer Carbon-PP Hybrid
• 3/4" Soft Dome Tweeter

Specifications
Frequency Response K - Hz
Impedance 2 Ohm
Peak Input Power 220 Watts
Rated Input Power Watts

Last edited by 02redws643; 01-15-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 01-15-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they wont work back there. if youre talking about the back seat side panel, then those are actually subwoofers. the wiring to those speakers is only low frequency and you will only get bass out of those speakers.

if youre just looking to get a little bit better sound get a pair of 6.5" components and replace the front stock set. i did that and im happy with the results...well for awhile i was now im upgrading the whole system and using a monster amp.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

I put 4 pioneer 6.5s in my camaro and a kenwood cd player and it gets loud

I turn the bass off all of the speakers and just run mid and treble (good crossover)

and have two subs for bass

lets the speakers get a lot louder because they arent trying to rattle bass out of some 6.5 pioneers
Old 01-20-2008, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

yea, turning the bass off and letting real subs handle it really adds loudness. with my speakers hpf'ed at 160, i can add almost 5-6 more volume digits and still have clean power to the speakers. my limit is my weak amp starts to cause my sub to distort too much, but my 6.5's are still good for a few more decibels haha
Old 01-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by zypher
yea, turning the bass off and letting real subs handle it really adds loudness. with my speakers hpf'ed at 160, i can add almost 5-6 more volume digits and still have clean power to the speakers. my limit is my weak amp starts to cause my sub to distort too much, but my 6.5's are still good for a few more decibels haha

yea, i sold my old audiobahn 10s, dual 10 box that fit in the f-body well, and a 520 watt amp for 100$ to a local guy

Would of been a better amp for ya