Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stock stereo problems in 01 SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock stereo problems in 01 SS

I pulled our my rear panels in my car to work on the trap door and also replace the speakers as sound horrible. I just drove my car and the mid speakers has almost no sound coming out of them at all....they are actually new speakers, i pulled the speakers and the wiring is fine behind them.....any suggestions why they sound so horrible?
Old 02-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By rear speakers doyou mean the 4" hatch speakers or the sail panel speakers next to the rear seats?
What did you replace them with specifically? The sail panel speakers are actually woofer and only bass frequencies come from there.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Launching!

I pulled the very rear panels with the speakers in them. The sail speakers were replaced with jvc speakers....I think. Even if these speakers were strictly bass....they sound horrible, it is extremely distorted and barely makes any recognizable sound.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 4" speakers in the rear are a component set with a small 4" woofer and a seperate tweeter. If they sound that horrible they are probably blown. I carry a really nice replacement pair that have silk tweeters and fiberglass cones that will fit in the stock area and sound way better than the stockers. Plus they are only $29.99. Just add shipping.
That being said most just disconnect them and rely on the door and sail panel speakers which probably don't sound that great to begin with you have full range speakers in the sails. This would also explain why you were able to really notice the speakers all the way in the hatch area. If your door speakers and sail panels were doing their job you wouldn't have noticed the hatch area.
I have speaker systems that work specifically with your Camaro that match up with the stock wiring and are matched properly so that they sound great. If I can help let me know!
Old 02-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Well guys I found out what the problem was... the guy who bought the "sail" speakers bought component speakers. i wired them up to the rear and the speakers sound great. but the bad news is now.....they wont fit anywhere else....