Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

weird defroster/seat problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird defroster/seat problem

Heres my problem...I turn on my rear defroster and it does good for about 25 seconds and then it shuts itself off and won't turn back on and along with that it shuts off my power seats. What the hell?! Anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it?
Old 04-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

That's caused by the circuit breaker in the fuse panel getting old. Old circuit breakers overheat too quickly and cut off the circuit. The defroster and the seats are on the same circuit breaker.

It's easy to fix - replace the circuit breaker with an ATO 30-amp fuse (the standard plastic type). It will plug right in to the same spot in the fuse panel.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
That's caused by the circuit breaker in the fuse panel getting old. Old circuit breakers overheat too quickly and cut off the circuit. The defroster and the seats are on the same circuit breaker.

It's easy to fix - replace the circuit breaker with an ATO 30-amp fuse (the standard plastic type). It will plug right in to the same spot in the fuse panel.
appreciate it