Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker Problem NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speaker Problem NEED HELP!!!

bought some infinities for my trans am today, the speaker that are behind the passenger and driver seat. the ones i bought only have one place for wires to connect and the stock ones have four wires running out of it, usually when i go to best buy i have always got the connectors that plug in with the factory ones. do they make these for my car or is there another way to do it?

thanks,
billy
Old 08-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Billy, I sent you a PM explaining your dilema. For those who don't know though, the stock sail panel speakers are subwoofers and to make things more difficult they are dual voice coil subwoofers in the sail panel area in a Firebird/ Trans Am application. The Monsoon amp sends bass only to that location as well. I have replacements for this application that also work with the Camaro.
For installation in a stock replacment I always try to use the stock connector off the old speaker and wire it to the new one. In F-bodies this works well. No onemakes a connector that is DVC for a GM product so your best bet is to reuse the old connector if you can.
Hope my PM helped you!!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks alot man you saved me alot of time and headache