Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Prove Chevrolet Dealership Wrong!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prove Chevrolet Dealership Wrong!!!!!!!!!!

I had purchased a Tail light LED on my 2001 Camaro work fine and currently in great condition. It is just plug and play.
However , a couple weeks ago, I took it to the dealership ( Weseloh Chevrolet in Carlsbad, CA ) due to Cruise Control not working for 3 months now. To make it short, they had dignosed it due to the LED lights manipulating or getting too much current or some sort to the Cruise Control. That is why the Cruise Control not working.
Do you guys encounter this problems? Please any advise or tips will greatly appreciated.
I just want to prove the dealership wrong that this is not the problem hopefully. Thank you!!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:49 PM
12 Second Club

It very well could be. I know there are a lot of cruise systems that will not work if there is a brake light out on the car. Try to find someone near you with stock tails they would be willing to let you swap out for a few and see if it works then
Old 08-13-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

You can just go buy a pack of bulbs (or use the old ones if you still have them) and put them in to see if it works. I had a brake light out for a while on my ta and it didnt mess with the cruise, but that may be it. Did the cruise control failing coincide with you changing the tail lights?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:37 PM
12 Second Club

cant you just unplug the new led's and try the cruise?(if its safe of course)
Old 08-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Thank you guys for your quick replies. My cruise control been working since I installed the tail lights. Probably a month or 2 later after I installed the taillights the cruise stopped working. Why would it take a while (months) for it to not work?
So you guys think it's Possible what the dealership is saying?
And would this be a recall on ALL the Taillight LED's for the Camaro in the market???
Then they should know about this?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when 1 bulb in my brake light on the spoiler was out my cruise sometimes worked great other times it wouldnt engage
Old 08-14-2008, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by svrider01
Thank you guys for your quick replies. My cruise control been working since I installed the tail lights. Probably a month or 2 later after I installed the taillights the cruise stopped working. Why would it take a while (months) for it to not work?
So you guys think it's Possible what the dealership is saying?
And would this be a recall on ALL the Taillight LED's for the Camaro in the market???
Then they should know about this?
similar thing happened in my friends grand am. he got the ebay LED tail lights and his cruise control didnt work, but it was intermittent.

recall??? by whom? the company that makes the tail lights is the one responsible, but they are in asia, they dont give a f*ck if your cruise control works.