Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Remote Lead wire??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Remote Lead wire??

Alright guys got a quick question for ya. I have installed a bunch of after market receivers in cars and everytime I have had a remote lead(blue wire)

Well, i put a system in my camaro and everythign works great however there is no remote lead from the stock cd player. I installed all new speakers and put in 2 amps to power them and they work great however the two orange power leads that go to the stock amp are solid power and do not turn off. What is the easyiest way to get a remote turn on lead. I know that you can run a cable to the cd player fuse in the fuse box but I dont really want to pull apart the other side of the car. Any ideas???
Old 09-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

This question has been asked and answered many times - including just a few days ago.

The short answer for a Firebird is to use the power antenna wire but your Camaro doesn't have one. In your case, using the accessory power wire (yellow wire in the factory radio harness) is probably the best option because it retains power after the ignition is turned off until you open a door just like the head unit. A quick search on "remote turn on" will get you lots more information.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i recall on the camaro u can get a true turn on by inserting a pin into the blank spot in the harness that would be the power antenna wire on a firebird