Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

HELP! Electrical problem.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP! Electrical problem.

First off, the vehicle is a 2000 Z/28 Camaro, LS1
The previous owner installed an aftermarket head unit and speakers, and disconnected the factory anti-theft. Haven't had any history of electrical problems with the camaro..

So out of nowhere, after not running my car for a day, this morning I started it to find several problems in my face.

1.The ABS INOP light was lit up
2. service engine soon light lit up
3. windshield wipers worked extremely slow, once in a while..
4. Driver's side headlights do not work correctly(also with the headlights on, in the dash the left blinker light stays half illuminated and the blinker will not cycle on that side, only stay lit up solid if I click the lever for the driver's side.

Obviously this is an electrical problem. Heh

I took some time today to look for loose connections under the driver side kick panel, and I tested every fuse in the interior and engine bay boxes -- found nothing standing out. I checked the ABS connections. Got a headache to say the least.

I'm somewhat good at dealing with electrical systems, so I am hoping somebody has ran in to a problem similar to this, or has some ideas of what I can do for a fix. Getting stumped and dumping money in to having a tech at a dealer find the problem is not what I'm looking to do

I'll keep browsing for more info in the mean time.

Thanks in advance!