Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Cobalt Gauge Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Cobalt Gauge Question

My Cobalt Oil temp, and Water Temp gauges just arrived with senders and NPT fittings, but no wires came with the product. Was I supposed to order a wiring kit, or can I just goto autozone,napa etc.. and get some 10" gage wires??? When I ordered the gauges, it said "gauge includes: autometer gauge, sender,fittings, and installation kit....

I would appreciate any help
THANKS!!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You got screwed over then...it should have come with any and all wires necessary to hook everything up.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Launching!

Damn.. I'll call e-gauges tomorow...
Old 09-11-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Veteran

**** dude that sucks
Old 09-14-2008, 05:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by turbols1_05
My Cobalt Oil temp, and Water Temp gauges just arrived with senders and NPT fittings, but no wires came with the product. Was I supposed to order a wiring kit, or can I just goto autozone,napa etc.. and get some 10" gage wires??? When I ordered the gauges, it said "gauge includes: autometer gauge, sender,fittings, and installation kit....

I would appreciate any help
THANKS!!
First off you don't use 10 gauge wire just to hook up gauges. Its not needed. When I use to hook up gauges in my Turbo Regals I think I used 18 gauge or something like that. You don't need thick wire for the gauges. I just always made sure I put the wire that was inside the engine bay inside some wire loom. You know the plastic hose that protects wire. You only need 3 wires for each gauge. One for the sender, one for ground, and one for the light. Thats it.

Yeh you should have gotten that stuff. But wire and fittings are cheap. I'd just go to Advance Auto or Auto Zone and pick it up instead of waiting to get it from someone else.