Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Voltage guage?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Voltage guage?

Got a 98 Z28 I was driving the car then my security light came on and off then my air bag light came on and stayed on. My all guages died then came back to life a couple of times.My speedo acting up like it was slow to respond and hanging up then it would work normal again. Noticed that my voltage guage was in the red. But no check guages light came on at all. Had the A/c running, stereo and radar detector. Drove to San Antonio from Lano Tx. Was like a 283 mile round trip. If the alternator went Bad it would of left me stranded on the road. But I made it home. Check the battery good. 12 to 13 volts with car off. Pratically almost a brand new battery bought it in January. Its 9 months old. Alternator charging at 14 volts and with all the accessories on and A/C on still charging at 13.43. Car starts right up. Could this be early signs of the Alternator going out when car gets to normal operating temp? Please help. Thanks. Any ideas?