Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Hey does anyone here work for gm have a stereo tech question 06 chevy colorado.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey does anyone here work for gm have a stereo tech question 06 chevy colorado.

This isnt related to a t/a it's related to a 06 Chevy Colorado my work truck stripped down version no power locks no cd player no power windows or anything like that. My head unit is stock like I said no cd player, I know there's an upgraded version from the 1 lt package but will it work with a truck with the rpo code um7 radio. I need someone to find out before I go buying a new stock replacement. It's only got 2 speakers in the doors too thanks guys, My boss wants to keep it has clean has possible and since the rules for advance auto parts dictate no mods may be done to our trucks that's why I wanna go with a stock h/u and not an aftermarket one.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will plug right in but u will have to go to gm dealer and have them flash the radio with the TECH II so it matched the vin number in ur truck otherwise it will power up once and then lock out
Old 09-16-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

go figure LOL so I'm just better off going aftermarket then.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok but isn't there a bypass procedure to fix that I'm guessing like a theft loc procedure or whatever. Will the bcm know it's not the stock radio?
Old 09-16-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the radio is matched to the bcm so when u put in a diff gm radio the bcm doesnt care but the radio will lock after first time its turned on as it will see its not matched to ur car then the dealer uses TechII to flash it to the bcm and its good

for aftermarket radio you need a or equivelent, this assumes you dont have onstar
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...px?i=120GMRC01
Old 09-16-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nah it's a company truck LOL it's a yc1 base version no options or anything.