Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

After Market Head Unit...Sail Panel Speakers will not work

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Market Head Unit...Sail Panel Speakers will not work

My car is a 2001 Z-28 and I hooked up an aftermarket head unit with a wiring harness for 88 & up Chrevrolet (Bestbuy) and the sail panel speakers won't work. When I hook the stock Monsoon head unit back up they work again. All other speakers will work with either head unit installed. Now the way I understand it is all of the speakers get thier input from the factory installed amp so if both the door and hatch speakers work with the aftermarket head unit then that verify's the amp is getting its input and is turning on. The only thing I can maybe guess is on the car side of the wiring harness their is a blue wire all by itself in one of the 4 sections and on the aftermaket harness that it plugs into their is no pin to match up to it. Any ideas?
Old 09-23-2008, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

The blue wire is for the steering wheel controls, as for the speakers not working, I'm not sure what to tell you other than check all your connections.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

I thought that the stearing wheel controls was the connector that hooks up on the drivers side of the factory head unit. Man these things seem like they are more complicated than they need to be.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

This is a great thread with lots of info on the head unit and connectors. Check it out.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/612644-monsoon-faq.html