Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Couple of races...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Couple of races...

It's been 2 weeks since ive been on here and during those 2 weeks. Ive had quite a few races, ill do my best to make them short and quick to read. I also just got my LT's & ORY installed this passed weekend.

Week 1: Before LT's & ORY

My SS: SLP lid, CME, STB, FTRA

Corvette: Stock early 00 Model style.

Roll: From 35, we hit it and he jumps out ahead of me. Im atleast half a car behind him or so, and we pretty much stayed that way the entire race upto 80 maybe 90 before i shut it down. Since i wasnt catching him or gaining any. happy with the results, idk how much power those year's made or anything. I thought maybe he would beat me by more, i held him off before that as i was ahead of him and heard him punch it. So i did too, that led to this roll race.

My SS: same mods as above

Trailblazer SS: Exhaust, otherwise stock.

Roll: From 30, we hit it and we pretty much stay with eachother untill my car finally shifts and i begin pulling on him. I end up with a car, maybe a lil more before i shut it down. I was wondering how those TBSS's would run, probably get me more from a dig.

Week 2: Longtubes, ORY installed. (Before the race with the SRT8, my y pipe wasnt connected to the exhaust. Stock clamp wouldnt work. So it was like having a cutout lol F'n loud as hell lol)

My SS: BBK LT's, ORY, CME, STB, FTRA, MSD Wires, Lid

SS Silverado: Dumped Exhaust is all i could tell.

2 Rolls: Both from 25 to 30, we hit it on the 1st roll. He jumps out ahead by half his truck and i begin pulling him right back in once my car shifts. I put a car on him before shut down. 2nd Roll, my friend joined in his 07 Silverado. He honks it off, and we hit it. SS Silverado jumps out ahead of us both, his whole truck was infront. Car finally shifts and i begin pulling him back in pretty easy, and put half a car before i shut down because of traffic getting close.

My SS: same mods above

Charger R/T: stock i guess, didnt seem like he had anything.

Roll: 35 to 40, we hit it and he's next to me for awhile before i finally begin pulling on him, and i let off a bit thinking he's let off since roads are getting a lil narrow but as i do that. I see him coming back up on me, so i hit it again and for awhile. He's there again before i start pulling. Finally shut it down, come up to a red light. He asked what i had, told him longtubes, & ram air kit. He goes "that's all? car's quick man. I need to break my engine in". We went our own ways', i probably shouldve told him. No, u shouldve got an SRT8 or an LS1 lol

My SS: mods as above, now with the y pipe welded to the exhaust.

SRT8 Charger "Super Bee" decals: Headers, Intake, & Chip. Looked like Drag Radials too, rear wheels werent stock and had some wide tires on them. (Also has NOS, & a Cam. Which he didnt mention when i asked him, but i already knew about the NOS, and my friend told me about the cam.)

Dig: We hit it and he jumps out ahead pretty damn good. Ive never ran an SRT8 so im impressed, im at about half a car behind him. Maybe even close to a full length, somewhat seemed just as much as the Vette was when i was stock. I realize ive already lost, and at about 70 i shut it down and he keeps going for a bit before he shuts it down. We give eachother compliments afterwords, and go our seperate ways.

Next day, i hear from my friend that he say's he put 3 to 4 car's on me lol I told my friend, yeaa i guess after i had already shut it down. Its hard to tell when someone shuts it down when your ahead. I thought it was funny, next time ill just tell him.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

I was surprised you lost to the SRT8 until I read a little closer at his mods..good runs
Old 01-24-2009, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

yeaa, its a nice looking SRT8 he has. i didnt know he had all those mods either, just knew of the chip and spray but its been a few months when i heard he had that. so he's been busy lol
Old 01-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Teching In

If you have an A4, you need gears and a good TC and you will take down the SRT........ Nice kills and respectable losses.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

yeaa i know, i struggle in roll races alot. Everyone seem's to jump out ahead of me...
Old 02-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Badguy7
yeaa i know, i struggle in roll races alot. Everyone seem's to jump out ahead of me...
Grab a converter...2800-3200...should be good for a much better hit
Old 02-07-2009, 10:32 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice runs, the SRT8 story should be cleared with him if possible though. It doesn't take N20 and a cam and drag radials to beat a bolt on LS1. Probably what happened was he was ready to use the N20 if you started walking him but since he was only about a car ahead, which sounds about right anyway, he didnt use it. Either way, good runs and story.

I don't car who beats what, I just like to keep facts straight in here. Otherwise, a cammed 98 T/A pulling a C6Z will eventually pop up.

Or a G8 putting a zipcode on a WS6....lol
Tugboat, GL on your race tomorrow
Old 02-07-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Who you racing tugboat?

BTW, Id love to have a g8 identical to yours.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:56 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by chuck01
If you have an A4, you need gears and a good TC and you will take down the SRT........ Nice kills and respectable losses.
Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
Grab a converter...2800-3200...should be good for a much better hit
thats first'd, second'd, and ill third it.

the 3200 stall in my car and shift kit makes it downshift damn near immediately, makes a huge difference if you ask me.
one of the best investments i made in my car to date.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

yea i sure do want to getta stall, i just dont know when at the moment.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

My SS: SLP lid, CME, STB, FTRA

Corvette: Stock early 00 Model style.

Roll: From 35, we hit it and he jumps out ahead of me. Im atleast half a car behind him or so, and we pretty much stayed that way the entire race upto 80 maybe 90 before i shut it down. Since i wasnt catching him or gaining any. happy with the results, idk how much power those year's made or anything. I thought maybe he would beat me by more, i held him off before that as i was ahead of him and heard him punch it. So i did too, that led to this roll race.
Umm... Err..

I hope you don't mean a C5 vette...
Come on now.

Good Kills BTW!
Old 02-08-2009, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

hey Badguy7 was there in action last night i was in od and didnt see anybody out there?
Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry about taking so long to respond Antonio84, but idk if there was action that night. I cruised for a bit, but really saw nothing. So went home, idk about this weekend. I came to balmorhea, had my new slp lm2 muffler & new 02 sensor's shipped to my parents house. So came to pick them up...there's a truck from "infamous", red silverado with ground effects kit that took me out on a roll but my car's pretty weak on a roll. Truck sounds cammed, so he would more then likely try to run you if you see him driving around.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Sorry about taking so long to respond Antonio84, but idk if there was action that night. I cruised for a bit, but really saw nothing. So went home, idk about this weekend. I came to balmorhea, had my new slp lm2 muffler & new 02 sensor's shipped to my parents house. So came to pick them up...there's a truck from "infamous", red silverado with ground effects kit that took me out on a roll but my car's pretty weak on a roll. Truck sounds cammed, so he would more then likely try to run you if you see him driving around.
there were a few races one of my friends told me he raced a guy that goes by dirtybird in a another website but lost by half a car, so theyres going to be a rematch here pretty soon.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Koo, you can probably get some races with the guy's from Killswitch Racing. They got a couple T/A's, & Mustang's. They supposibly video tape all there race's along with from what i know. Only race you with a car that equals your mods.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Koo, you can probably get some races with the guy's from Killswitch Racing. They got a couple T/A's, & Mustang's. They supposibly video tape all there race's along with from what i know. Only race you with a car that equals your mods.
cool, i get my car tuned thursday I'll probably be up there this weekend.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Yea, also heard if they lose the race. They dont post it on youtube lol That's just what my friend say's, after he raced there 350Z and i think he barely lost or won, i cant remember but they havent posted that video yet. You can usually see them in the Taco Villa parking lot on 42nd & Grandview. The white T/A with Blue stripes has a bottle but idk if he has it on or not and 1 of the orange Stang GT's also uses the bottle. Other then that, idk about the rest of there car's.

If not, you can always spot that club Sinister at Sonic on Andrews Hwy and some other club in the parking lot next to it.