Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SS vs newer EVO

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Default SS vs newer EVO

I was chasing the Evo to see if the guy was game...I pass him at a good pace and wait for him to come back.

And then he comes back, I'm waiting in 3rd in my rpm and by the time he tries to pass me, I punch it and reel him back with 2-3 lengths to top 4th...I was wondering if the guy was fully hitting the throttle!??

2nd time he came back and the same happenned!! So I'm thinking the guy needs the driver mod!!

3th time he came back me waiting, same happenned but it seems the guy was tougher to distance but I didnt have time to top 4th because of traffic and a curve..

First run against a new EVO and I'm happy I destroyed him that good so far, unless the guy didnt know how to drive
Old 05-12-2009, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice kill, i don't think they are really any faster then the previous models if so not by much, stock anyway.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Why didn't you just pace him and try to set up a real race instead of just flooring it as he passed you?

Good kill either way I guess.

BTW, the EVo X (new evo) traps lower than the previous Evos. It supposedly handles better and stops quicker though...
Old 05-12-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Why didn't you just pace him and try to set up a real race instead of just flooring it as he passed you?

Good kill either way I guess.
There was always some kind of traffic on one lane so I was waiting in a empty spot in right front lane while he was flooring it on the empty left lane..

And I was thinking to myself if I can reel him back, this gives a good idea how I do against it...I agree this isnt a perfect race but I deal with what I have on the road
Old 05-12-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
There was always some kind of traffic on one lane so I was waiting in a empty spot in right front lane while he was flooring it on the empty left lane..

And I was thinking to myself if I can reel him back, this gives a good idea how I do against it...I agree this isnt a perfect race but I deal with what I have on the road
Makes sense. Just checking to see if you were just flying by him or if it was hard to set up a cleaner race.

Your car shouldn't have any problem taking a new EVO X. They are mod friendly but not too challenging from a roll.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Johnnystock

I agree! A Race is based on the situation and location at the time that your racing!!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ev0 X's are slower then the older IX. Due primarily to weight and no pump in HP/TQ. However, mod for mod, the new block puts out more so the X has better potential.