Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 vs. Night of the racing Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.0 vs. Night of the racing Trucks

So, innocently enough my brother and I set off to a football with his school (I graduated from there) Valley Vista vs. Alhambra. Very scary place down there. Gheeeeeeettto but I could survive.

Anyways, turn onto grand and there's this red Dodge pickup truck just tailing me. For a few minutes I thought it was a cop but texted my dad the plates and it was not. So drive some more until Grand splits into three going towards the 101. Next to me is a family in a Scion xA and the Dodge truck pulls up on the other side. Hmm. Nothing interesting will happen, or so I thought.

The guy in the xA starts to lurch forward real hard while his kids are giving me a huge smile. I can hear the Dodge start loading up on the converter. Are they serious? My bro and I both look at eachother and laugh. Light turns green and they gun it. I slowly pass through the intersection because if you've been on Grand you know you never want to punch it through the interestion, road is crappy. Get through the intersection and punch it. I easily overtake the Scion and then the Dodge as I'm shifting to Third. They were both still in it. The Scion guy is laughing and looks like family fun.

Scion turns off and it's just me and the Dodge who is right on my ***. We head further down grand until we get to the point where there's a little curvy bridge. I don't remember what street. I pull up onto the left of a white Integra with red rims and a slight whistle. No ricer exhaust here. The car was surprisingly well done. Well I roll up as I hear the gangsta rap playing and what do I find? A cute redhead or blonde. Can't remember which. But either way she was cute. No revs or anything. Just chill at the light.

As soon as it turns green, I see the Dodge go for it and so I go after him. I put a few busses on him and am going about 70mph when the Integra comes and blows past me and keeps going. My brother turns to me and says "She has pretty big ***** to drive that fast on a road so crappy". She did indeed. I wouldn't even dare. But as she took the bridge at her atonishing speed I did note no body roll. Seemed the suspension had work also. May have to marry this girl.xD

Anyways, we drive some more and I pass her and she gets behind me (reach-a-round? ) as we come to another light. It goes green and I just take off normally. We clear traffic and she pulls up next to me. I'm in 3rd when my bro tells me she's looking at me for a signal so I make a big animation of downshifting to 2nd. By the time I get 2nd in, I hear her go WOT and so do I. Surprisingly she kept even until I hit third and pulled like a freight train. I was hoping she'd pull up again so I could get some digits but sadly, she had a turn off onto 51st. T-T

Anyways, after the game, I'm going down Grand towards Dysart. I'm on the three lane part before it goes into one lane because of construction. I'm in the far left lane right next to a Gray or Light blue new Chevy truck. I take off normally and shift into 2nd at 2000rpm and then go into third. Next thing I know, I hear the truck go WOT next to me and I put it through the floor. We're even until third hits the powerband and I put a quite a few lengths on him and go into the far left lane. The guy follows me for a bit wanting another run possibly but traffic would no allow. Anyone on this board?

And then the last few trucks were a group of Dodge trucks on Thunderbird Rd. and Dysart. As soon as I crossed the train tracks, they all lined up around me. No contest though. Put bus lengths on them without breaking a sweat.

But anyways, there was a Camaro on Dysart and Thunderbird that I tried to coax but he didn't go. Was it anyone on here?

And what was up with the truck drivers last night. Seems like they all had something to prove.xD Really can't wait til I finish CNA classes so I can buy some heads and a cam. D: