Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1st Ricekill in a while

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1st Ricekill in a while

Well, i swapped vehicles with my brother for a week. I gave him my a4 trans am and he gave me his 99 m6 formula.

So today coming from work at around 1030 pm i saw a white 97-01 prelude with some tint, custom wheels and of course a fartcan with a silencer... On the side of his door i saw a big "autobot" logo from transformers lol.

So i see him switching lanes next to me and it seems like he's kinda edging me to go. So i switched in 3rd gear at 70 for a quick but rather slow pull to show him that im game...

So he started tailgating me for about 200-300 feet and as soon lanes opened up he gunned it to pass me. As he was creeping up rather quick (i was at 80 mph) i shifted in 4th and stopped his pull putting couple of busses on him. Silly ricers exhaust was so loud, that i could hear it all the way through the music in my car haha...

Of course at the end he gave me a ricer fly by at about 100 mph while i was already cruising.

Formula has a lid, Hooker catback, open cutout.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

On some Honda board as you were posting this he was telling his version. The TA pulled hard at first but I reeled him in and passed him at about 100 MPH. Good kill man.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
On some Honda board as you were posting this he was telling his version. The TA pulled hard at first but I reeled him in and passed him at about 100 MPH. Good kill man.

One day I would like to ask a ricer what they think they accomplish from the fly-by. It's one of those unexplained phenomenons that happen in street racing for no apparent reason. I demand an explanation! haha
Old 12-05-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Haha the good old ricer flyby.

Best exaple was when we were cruising in my buddies newly accquired STi on the highway and a newer accord v6 takes off then slows down and gets next to us and beeps 3 times, we were down for a good laugh so we murdered it till like 80mph then we cruise and wouldnt you now it a few seconds later the same accord flies by! But why?
Old 12-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fly-by's arent just for ricers. I've done a few before when I was younger and the other car let up prematurely but I wanted to wind out another gear. Though now that I'm older and wiser I'm not so very eager to hit triple digit speeds at every opportunity. Here is a old post of mine about funny kills where I purposefully intimidation killed a guy on a fly-by.

"Summer of '96 Friday night in Kirkland, WA (scenic hangout for the Microsoft nerds with there exotic cars, never know what you'll be racing). I was parked BS'ing with my brother when we hear a revving engine and turn to spot a new 3000GT VR4 just as it leaves the nearby stoplight HARD, chirping all four tires, then decells by with the 20 something suit and tie driver staring hard at my Z28.

Brother and I glance at each other, and smile. Two Big Gulps hit the ground, I Bo Duke across the hood and we are chasing. Two blocks to catch him at a light, with a Honda full of college age guys inbetween. A perfect race spot: after the light the road becomes elevated on its way uphill without a turnout for at least a 1/2 mile.

The Honda occupants know whats up, I see them looking back at us and up at the VR4, getting all excited. A plan forms: these guys are gonna be spectators to the Mother of all Flyby's. Green light, Honda and VR4 jump thru intersection and Honda immediately changes lanes. The VR-4 lazily changes lanes, too: my lane is now clear. I wait for the gap to widen as the VR4 is just cruising 30mph now, oblivious to the fact harvest time is here and he will be reaping the oats of his destruction that he laid back in town at that stop light...

NOW!! Drop the shifter from Drive to 1st and nail the throttle! I time it perfectly and pass him at 6200rpm, the big cam'd, Hooker headered dual exhaust devastatingly loud, bouncing off the concrete Ecology Blocks on either side of the road like a echo chamber. I pass his window so quickly all I get is a snapshot image of him innocently drinking a Big Gulp a split second before the sound hits him, I missed what happened next, but my brother is in hysterics as he relays it too me: "Guy almost jumped out of his seat! And he CRUSHED his Big Gulp in his hand and it went all over the place!! Wholly **** he's gonna be pissed..." I slowed to the speed limit realizing there was going to be no race.

Guy initially didnt chase me, either: but when he realized he couldnt just wipe the mess up with his hanky he got pissed and chases us, racing us up a freeway onramp (I lost) and on the freeway twice (I won both barely). After both the Big Gulp episode and the 2 roll loses I woulda figured he would just pull off the freeway anonymously but he actually pulled up next to us and gave my car a thumbs up. Cool dude after all. I almost felt bad about the Big Gulp thing. But damn its hard to feel guilty about something so hillarious!"
Old 12-05-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol I finally got a kill last night as well, everyone has been egging me on since I had a burnt wire and a bad miss...even this stock auto convertible 5.0 guy!

Some primer hatchback honda with a fart can matched me through an intersection and blipped the throttle at me. My gf was already laughing at this point, told me he was looking over and smiling.

Well he honked once and tried to take off, I was still in first at about 25 and needless to say by like 60-70 I had something like 4+ cars on him lol.

But, no ricer fly-by, he just sat waaaaaaaaay back there (no traffic) and eventually turned off.

Not to threadjack, but I didn't think mine needed another thread just to share that lol.

Its fun to beat up on someone everyone once and a while, especially when they start it
Old 12-05-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by usmc320

One day I would like to ask a ricer what they think they accomplish from the fly-by. It's one of those unexplained phenomenons that happen in street racing for no apparent reason. I demand an explanation! haha

i had a mildly riced out "economical sports car" and used to try this with exotics. i'd see them up ahead, come racing up to them and rev as (if) i passed. problem is, they'd stop my pull and just stop after they put a bus on me while i was still trying to get up to speed. it takes a LONG time to top out a NA riced out 4-banger. sometimes they would give me a good running head start (allow my flyby for a few seconds) before blowing my doors off again and just shutting down again. i honestly cant remember what the hell was going through my head.

i do know that the only way to prevent the flyby is to disappear into the horizon or simply maintain a speed that they can never achieve.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

those preludes are very slow... i seriously expected a better fight from him. I mean i started in 4th for god sakes...
Old 12-06-2009, 06:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
those preludes are very slow... i seriously expected a better fight from him. I mean i started in 4th for god sakes...
That reminds me of my second day of owning my old 2005 GTO, me and 2 of my friends are cruising and my other friend with an 07 Si comes up to talk to us, anyways we are going about 30 to 35mph and then my shotgun passenger tells the Si driver to drop it. I can hear him beggining to rev match but i dont feel like immediatly doing double the speed limit at 2pm on a saturday so i stay in 4th and just floor it. We all hear his VTEC just going full blast (sounded pretty decent to be honest, very deep sound) but while in 4th i pulled on him the whole time! We were all in silence from the shock. When we met up we all had a good laugh about it though, good times
Old 12-07-2009, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
That reminds me of my second day of owning my old 2005 GTO, me and 2 of my friends are cruising and my other friend with an 07 Si comes up to talk to us, anyways we are going about 30 to 35mph and then my shotgun passenger tells the Si driver to drop it. I can hear him beggining to rev match but i dont feel like immediatly doing double the speed limit at 2pm on a saturday so i stay in 4th and just floor it. We all hear his VTEC just going full blast (sounded pretty decent to be honest, very deep sound) but while in 4th i pulled on him the whole time! We were all in silence from the shock. When we met up we all had a good laugh about it though, good times
way to put him in his place!

For a 4 banger, with a cai that engine sounds descent... but dont compare to a 6.0
Old 12-07-2009, 01:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
i do know that the only way to prevent the flyby is to disappear into the horizon or simply maintain a speed that they do not want to maintain because they are smarter and know the boys in blue are always watching.
Fixed.. It isn't that I can't maintain the speed of the guy that just flew past me so I can demolish him, it is that I won't.