06 Vmax vs 06 HD dyna streetbob

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 02:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 06 Vmax vs 06 HD dyna streetbob

My mods: none
His mods: Pipes

Well, tonight i went out for a little cruise with my bro with his streetbob.
He is always giving me bullshit about my bike so we had ourselves a little race.
Last time when i had my 01 carb'd, piped 1200C sportsted he destroyed me from a light pretty damn bad, so it was time for a revenge.

So we lined up on a stoplight on an open 3 lane street. He is on number 3 lane, im on number 2. Green lighhts up and we both twist it. My vmax spun like a ************ through 1st gear making me end up in number one lane...

Immediately i pulled around 1 car on him still spinning, once i hooked and shifted in second it was an immediate blast off putting around 2 busses on him.

Being a proud HD owner he just nodded but didnt say anything.

I myself was really surprised with his bike, he put up a very good fight and did better than i expected. He did way better than my friend on his 03 R1 (needs a rider mod) with a bad second gear (stoplight race).
Old 12-22-2009, 05:34 AM
12 Second Club

HDs are cruisers. They don't care about being fast. It's about style, heritage, and sound. They're quick by car standards, slow by bike standards. I wouldn't trade mine for any other bike. It's Harley or nothing for me.

Good race though.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:00 AM
12 Second Club

Good race.
I have a 08 Streetbob and was wondering what it would do. It feels like it would run low 13's but hard to tell with just the seat of your pants. What size motor is in the Vmax?
Old 12-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new Vmax is a huge motor, I believe its 2200cc? 2400cc? Important numbers are 200hp, about 175rwhp: bike is heavy as hell and shaft drive though, so its hurting right from the git go. Figure bone stock with a slick, a under 150lb rider is doing damned good to hit 9.8 in the 1/4. Bone stock no one that I know of has gone into the 9's due to massive wheel spin. best motor mods out there will net 195rwhp or so. It actually has tons more power potential, probably more than any other motorcycle ever made: just gotta tap into it. The Vmax crowd is busily making mods for them as we speak, the best mod obviously is a Turbo...

unfortunately the shaft drive is a performance killer. Shaft drive on a bike is the equivelant of front wheel drive on a car: great for lots of wheel spin but crappy for hooking from a dig. Guys are working on a chain conversion as we speak, but they have ran into nothing but trouble so far because Yamaha practically built the damned thing so that a chain conversion could not be performed (unlike the earlier V-Max's that were somewhat simple to convert to chain).

But from a 60mph+ roll, ANY 1000 supersport should be able to destroy it easily. Hell, they are top speed limited to ?140mph? something like that. The ECU has a little feature that allows them to go a little higher if it senses a drag strip run- they trap low 140's at the track.
http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewth...4&pagenumber=2

Last edited by Sticks n Stones; 12-22-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

my vmax is 1198cc 145bhp, feels like a mid 11 sec bike
Old 12-22-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
The new Vmax is a huge motor, I believe its 2200cc? 2400cc? Important numbers are 200hp, about 175rwhp: bike is heavy as hell and shaft drive though, so its hurting right from the git go. Figure bone stock with a slick, a under 150lb rider is doing damned good to hit 9.8 in the 1/4. Bone stock no one that I know of has gone into the 9's due to massive wheel spin. best motor mods out there will net 195rwhp or so. It actually has tons more power potential, probably more than any other motorcycle ever made: just gotta tap into it. The Vmax crowd is busily making mods for them as we speak, the best mod obviously is a Turbo...

unfortunately the shaft drive is a performance killer. Shaft drive on a bike is the equivelant of front wheel drive on a car: great for lots of wheel spin but crappy for hooking from a dig. Guys are working on a chain conversion as we speak, but they have ran into nothing but trouble so far because Yamaha practically built the damned thing so that a chain conversion could not be performed (unlike the earlier V-Max's that were somewhat simple to convert to chain).

But from a 60mph+ roll, ANY 1000 supersport should be able to destroy it easily. Hell, they are top speed limited to ?140mph? something like that. The ECU has a little feature that allows them to go a little higher if it senses a drag strip run- they trap low 140's at the track.
http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewth...4&pagenumber=2

new vmax is 1600-1700 cc
Old 12-22-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vettestir
Good race.
I have a 08 Streetbob and was wondering what it would do. It feels like it would run low 13's but hard to tell with just the seat of your pants. What size motor is in the Vmax?
i wouldnt underestimate it, i personally seen it beat a vrod from a light

Quick Reply: 06 Vmax vs 06 HD dyna streetbob