Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2002 Z28 Vs BMW 745i @ 150 mph

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Z28 Vs BMW 745i @ 150 mph

I have to admit this was not the smartest thing I have done in my almost 30 years. I was crusin home last night around 2pm. There are no, I mean no cars on the road. I see these HID lights getting closer and closer. I am doing 90 and now this guy is riding my ***. Would **** off anyone. He gets into the next lane and slowly passes. I want to see what this car is, and it turns out to be a 745i (330 hp). Then he nails it and gets in my lane, so I bite. I hit it and start to real him in. He has a 7 car lead mind you. I just signal at 120 mph, change lanes and continue to pass his butt. By 150 he was about 7 cars back.I had no idea of my speed at first because of the adrenaline, untill I notice I can't see the needle. That was because it was buried!!!!! Guy would not pass me after that.

Last edited by ZtwentyATE; 01-17-2004 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

sweet kill, i like how those cars look, i didnt know they went that they had 330 hp?
Old 01-17-2004, 04:33 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's with the rolley eyes after the 330 hp??

Nice kills.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

Not to be a ***** or anything, but be careful bro. Anything above 100 is way dangerous, especially at night. I had a close call last year pacing a supercharged vette and a Camaro SS on a two lane highway. I was a few car lengths behind the sc vette when they both hit the brakes hard at about 130mph. At that speed my stock brakes (now I have power slots and hawk pads) faded immediately. I was either going to hit the vette or ditch and go off the road onto the grass (no curb) and make it a single car incident. I eased her onto the grass and my rear started to slide to the left. I countersteered and was prepared to hit the bushes and small trees about 10-15 feet from the road (not much room to maneuver). Still in my skid, I quickly realize the reason why these guys jammed on their brakes. Somehow I missed the state trooper, who was hiden behind a bush, by a mere few feet. Luckily, my car recovered and wound up on the road. I slowed to about 45mph and check my rearview to see what the trooper was going to do. The Vette and the SS hit it again and tried to run. I decided to suck it up and take the arrest/ticket or whatever. Again, luckily, the trooper blew past me and got the vette! Because of this, I will never take it up to tripple digits again- unless at the track. Bro, Please don't think I'm trying to preach to you, I'm just trying to share my experience. I almost lost my life, my car, and I could have killed the trooper. I definately learned from this.
btw, Nice Kill!
Old 01-17-2004, 07:17 PM

Wow hellova story ... I cannot believe the tropper went after the vette instead of the guy who was flying past him on the grass at triple digits almost killing him .... some people are odd.
Luck was on your side my friend.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Launching!

I hear ya. I was shocked I did such a stupid thing. Hey......another story for to tell the kids someday. I have also upgraded my brakes and it has made a world of difference. I was surprised the trooper could even catch the SC vette. Guy must have just given up.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZtwentyATE
I hear ya. I was shocked I did such a stupid thing. Hey......another story for to tell the kids someday. I have also upgraded my brakes and it has made a world of difference. I was surprised the trooper could even catch the SC vette. Guy must have just given up.
Nope, he just new where everyone was headed- a large parking lot near the beach where many cars/owners hang out. I think the trooper, like most troopers, wanted the "high-end" car such as the vette instead of the "lowly" camaro.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

holy ****, two good stories. Have to be safe, and if you are going to encroach upon those speeds, do it in the right manner. build up your car somewhat for something like that. Not to mention though, the C6 is supposed to reach 180 mph and feel like the handling is around 120mph. Basically they built the car to feel very safe at high end speeds.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

745's are nice rides. Nice kill.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:26 PM

I agree with unit ... I like the styling of the new ones too, look much sportier ...
Old 01-18-2004, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

745 haven't seen one yet....
Old 01-18-2004, 01:39 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

We had one come into my work a few weeks ago. Those things are pretty sweet rides. Granted for the money, they should be, but it was cool to tinker with it and such. Rob
Old 01-18-2004, 01:41 PM

BMW 7 Series

Here, go check it out.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:12 PM
TECH Junkie

My neighbor has a 745, but he is like 80. Great kill and great recovery story, and do slow it down. Remember they are never going to quit making people, but they quit making FBodies in 02, so race in a POS stang so you can crash it and not go to hell for it, j/k. Stay alive!!!
Old 01-18-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey ztwentyate...nice kill ...is it just me or do you notice alot of cocky rich fools in bmw's mercedes 's around this area ? we live hella close dude ..we should meet up for a quick 50 roll ..hehe peace man ...stay safe
Old 01-18-2004, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 281cipwr
hey ztwentyate...nice kill ...is it just me or do you notice alot of cocky rich fools in bmw's mercedes 's around this area ? we live hella close dude ..we should meet up for a quick 50 roll ..hehe peace man ...stay safe

I agree. The guys in corvettes, camaros, mustangs, porsches, etc. seem cool. The mercedes and bmw's are the biggest bitches. And not those in the M5s or AMGs. It is the ones in the M3s,330s,325s or 320s, 430s and 500s. Oh, and if you want to meet, well have to do it soon if you want a chance. Once I get cammed, you won't have one.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:01 AM

I have to admit this was not the smartest thing I have done in my almost 30 years. I was crusin home last night around 2pm. There are no, I mean no cars on the road. I see these HID lights getting closer and closer. I am doing 90 and now this guy is riding my ***. Would **** off anyone. He gets into the next lane and slowly passes. I want to see what this car is, and it turns out to be a 745i (330 hp). Then he nails it and gets in my lane, so I bite. I hit it and start to real him in. He has a 7 car lead mind you. I just signal at 120 mph, change lanes and continue to pass his butt. By 150 he was about 7 cars back.I had no idea of my speed at first because of the adrenaline, untill I notice I can't see the needle. That was because it was buried!!!!! Guy would not pass me after that.
Man! That's neat to hear. Back when I raced people on the street, and the conditions were right, this is the exact way I raced . This is where you find out what a car is really made of and how it handles at those speeds. It's dangerous and foolish as hell though. That BMW is a well engineered machine, and that's really saying something that you pulled that off. When that adrenaline kicks in to high gear, nothing is fast enough. Nothing like having the rev limiter kick in when the needle is buried. You can't hear the radio, just nothing. It's like a Buddhist meditation. I remember mixing it up with a Lamborghini just for kicks. I knew I would lose, but what the hell. My speedo was buried and he was in the horizon. It's not everyday that you share the road with legendary iron like that. Now, I'm just going to haul on the road course.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:53 AM
TECH Regular

yeah i know what u mean...i raced one time and didnt know how fast i was going...cousin had to tell me...i hit close to 140 racing a 5.0...even with the t-tops off i couldnt think about anything else but to make sure that car didnt bet me...i think i will stick to the track now.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:35 AM

I agree. The guys in corvettes, camaros, mustangs, porsches, etc. seem cool. .....Once I get cammed, you won't have one.
Around here the old guys are driving the vettes and porshes and will all either not race, or have sticks up there *** and think their car is Godly. A HUGE percentage of the camaros/firebirds (especially the LT1's, and now alot of LS1's too) are driven by younger kids, around 18-20 or so. Then there is the BMW 300 series crowd ... a lot also driven by younger "thug" kids, or the unsucessful "business men" types ... I say that since if they were sucessful they probably wouldn't have gone for the base model. (It's a conjecture, I know, but it seems to be true in NY at least). The 300 series guys have all come to the conclusion that they are the badboys of the streets. Where they got that idea I will never know.

Oh and ZtwentyATE, I don't think 281 has much of a chance as it is .... unless SlowAndBrokenSVT helps him push ....
Old 01-20-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Oh and ZtwentyATE, I don't think 281 has much of a chance as it is .... unless SlowAndBrokenSVT helps him push ....
Hey 281 what happend to our race? Im a race fiend right now. Havnt gotten a decent race in months......

Quick Reply: 2002 Z28 Vs BMW 745i @ 150 mph