Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Well he asked for it so I let him have it...Bolton Z PUPPY KICKIN a 2011 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
I didn't know that races were determined on rarity and how expensive a car was. I guess we should all sell our cars then, including the Corvette owners since they are everywhere too.
I would sell my POS for a Viper. You betcha.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by F-Body_4_Life
So according to your logic, this car beats everything on this forum??

Yes, could you imagine how many bitches you could pull riding up in that?
Old 12-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 38394Z28
I would sell my POS for a Viper. You betcha.
Not too many people wouldn't if they could afford it. It's too bad though that Vipers under-perform for what they cost.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
Not too many people wouldn't if they could afford it. It's too bad though that Vipers under-perform for what they cost.
Yeah, maybe its just the ACR that I see at this show all the time that makes me like them so much...idk
Old 12-07-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Chris05;15705625]Wanna try another v6??? oh yeah its a buick too...[/QUOTE

Lol! sure...Bring your camera this time.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Teching In

I just can't understand why so many people in this thread are busting on the OP. He posted a race (and kill) in the "Street Racing & Kill Stories" section. Does it make a difference what he raced, besides, last time I checked, the new V6 Mustangs runs pretty good for what they are.

In addition, not everyone can own a Viper or ZO6. We are not all wealthy or we have other necessities to spend our money on such a mortgage or a college fund. That BS talk that your car is more expensive is for people that walk around with their nose in air. Lose the ego. In my opinion, taking a "lowly" Mustang (as some of you call it) and building it up to woop some overpriced ego vehicle's *** is what it is all about. You built it to be fast, not bought it that way.

Last edited by MACH32V; 12-08-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MACH32V
That BS talk that you car is more expensive is for people with that walk around with their nose in air. Lose the ego. In my opinion, taking a "lowly" Mustang (as some of you call it) and building it up to woop some overpriced ego vehicle's *** is what it is all about. You built it to be fast, not bought it that way.
I completely understand what you are saying. I dislike it when people get an ego with what they own, but I also hate hearing the comments like "Well, I can beat a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Z06, Viper, etc. for less money so my car is better." Ok, so you still own an inferior car. Not talking down to these type of people. I just appreciate the exotics and higher end sports cars for what they are. Regardless of my ability to afford them or not.

At the end of the day, we are all on the same mission. To make our toys faster and make it something we are proud of owning
Old 12-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Teching In

I just can't understand why so many people in this thread are busting on the OP. He posted a race (and kill) in the "Street Racing & Kill Stories" section. Does it make a difference what he raced, besides, last time I checked, the new V6 Mustangs runs pretty good for what they are.
Yup, I'm with you on that for sure. And yeah they are stout for sure.

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I completely understand what you are saying. I dislike it when people get an ego with what they own, but I also hate hearing the comments like "Well, I can beat a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Z06, Viper, etc. for less money so my car is better." Ok, so you still own an inferior car. Not talking down to these type of people. I just appreciate the exotics and higher end sports cars for what they are. Regardless of my ability to afford them or not.

At the end of the day, we are all on the same mission. To make our toys faster and make it something we are proud of owning
Couldn't have said it better myself
Old 12-08-2011, 12:26 AM
Launching!

My bad... Ohio just been pissing me off lately. Hes acting like hes 19 years old.

Ohio.......... Just chill a lil man. Once you go run a number or damn atleaste dyno the thing then youll have a lil more room to gloat.

Right now your like that civic owner who says i have this this and that so it must be 700 hp and this one guy with the same mods went high tens but really mine has better tires so it must be low tens...

Quick story. Year ago i did a new tune on my car. Felt for sure like it picked up 40 hp. I was raceing everyone.

Well I decided to dyno again before a mild cam was installed and to my amazement my car was 30 rwhp lower than before I added the tune.

I had been telling everyone 500 rwhp but really with the bad tune that I thought was so awesome it was only 450 rwhp. Luckily a retune and the baby cam got me back to 500 rwhp.

Thats just the thing. You dont know until you dyno or run the number. You might think you have 650 rwhp or so and go dyno and hit 530 rwhp due to various issues.

Also mustangs never run hard for their power. No reason to post my video running a 500 rwhp cobra again. Weight areodynamics ect.

Enjoy the hobby and perhaps one day we will cross paths and you can beat up on my sled like you said
Old 12-08-2011, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree,last night I thought about quoting a few older tech. kill stories of vehicles comparable to a 2011 v6 Mustang.I figured the backlash would've locked this sucker up for good.However,I did a search and rifled through several pages out of curiosity.Ended up discovering some skeletons to say the least.I think few of yous cockaroaches may want to consider staying in your glass house.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

i drove a car once......... it was neat.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Teching In

op, i agree that every once in a while you have to show those annoying punks whats up. in all seriousness, i think a bolton 5.0 would be to much to handle for you. ohio guy, why dont you come back to ohio and hang out with the ohiolsx guys, im sure a few of them would be more than happy to puppykick your stang including a pickup truck. it amazes me how many people think they are king ****. guess what, theres always gunna be someone faster out there. i.e. running into john sheppard and his gtr sent me home with my tail between my legs...
Old 12-17-2011, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Arctic
op, i agree that every once in a while you have to show those annoying punks whats up. in all seriousness, i think a bolton 5.0 would be to much to handle for you. ohio guy, why dont you come back to ohio and hang out with the ohiolsx guys, im sure a few of them would be more than happy to puppykick your stang including a pickup truck. it amazes me how many people think they are king ****. guess what, theres always gunna be someone faster out there. i.e. running into john sheppard and his gtr sent me home with my tail between my legs...
So let me get this straight your saying under all conditions a bolton or mildly modified 5.0 would spank my Z?This is given the driver is decently skilled right?

Btw.I would be cool with losing to John Sheppard that guy is pretty damn skilled when it comes to drag racing.

Last edited by SincalT/A; 12-17-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
So let me get this straight your saying under all conditions a bolton or mildly modified 5.0 would spank my Z?This is given the driver is decently skilled right?

Btw.I would be cool with losing to John Sheppard that guy is pretty damn skilled when it comes to drag racing.
well, my buddies got an 01 ws6, heads, monster cam, ported ls2 intake with i beleive a 102mm tb, stall, full exhaust, running 12.5:1 compression and he got beat by a bolton and tuned 5.0. not by a whole lot. once he got the nitrous things changed.
and sheps srt8 jeep is pretty nasty too, watched him run that last summer at the strip.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

good thread.... just a quick thing to say about the 5.0s... Friend of mine has a new convertable 5.0... has put a legit amount of money into it. With the stock motor, he went 11.5 at 117.... so his bolt on car was pretty strong (btw where a lot of the money came into his setup is that he will run the exact same ET on the street). However.... hes recently added a vortech to it. Not sure of the boost but it was the pully that comes with the blower. He lost to an average run of the mill pullied eaton cobra on the roll after he put it on. Not quite sure what was up with that. To this day, there hasnt been much talk of it... But my point is.... BOLT ON 5.0s will run strong. Its gonna take a strong running cammed f body or an above average h/c f body to beat them.

On another note that i cant stand about 5.0 owners /fanboys etc... is that they dont know anything about the new 5.0 except what it makes for hp when its stock. Its a great motor, but its basically a built 32v mach motor from the factory. Look at the specs.... look at the tweaks. Its basically if GM gave u ported ls6 heads and a v3 cheatr cam on every stock ls1 to hit production lines. They make power because they have the parts from the factory. In the end.... potential to potential... the best parts money can buy on both a new 5.0 and an ls1 NA.... the ls1 will make more power. Its basic principles of physics and air flow...
Old 12-17-2011, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok,I still think if mid 11's is typical for a 5.0 then its gonna be worth a shot.The reality is I will probably never get a chance.Here is a street run from 5ish-105 let me know what you guys think.The speedo is lil off compared to actual speed maybe 3or4mph at 100mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItW6U...46m6HlfaB2wUqe

Last edited by SincalT/A; 12-18-2011 at 01:42 AM.