Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

h/c only ls2 c6 vs bike then turbo civic

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Must be a really quick car to out run a motorcycle.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Imstock2
I love that c6z it's flawless.. your a great driver no doubt. This was really the first legit race I had since I built my car so yes I want to talk about it.. Like I said, I never even thought once I could beat the c6z being untuned.. I didn't state who owned the car nor did I want to.. I am getting tired of guys saying it's an unhealthy c6z though because I know damn well yal take great care of it. If me talking about beating a c6z offended you then my bad. I have lost and I have posted video's of me losing before. It don't matter to me because I know there are faster car's and there will always be. Either way I not dissapointed with my build anymore.. Dropping a bit of change and risking a lot of **** to only get my car back from rpm running like **** made me want to return it to stock again.. and just buy a bike. You simply gave me hope
Fair enough. I have people telling me you're saying whatever about the race. And that's fine. I'm not a boastful person in any sense of the word and that is how I conduct my business when it comes to races like this. I won't post kill stories or wins or anything (outside of the one race I posted which was between myself and my brother).

I don't buy into the Z not being healthy either. In this case, I think you beat the driver more than anything. Unlike many other people, I will fully admit that I'm not perfect and did not drive the car perfectly. I'm sure someone used to the Z06 could go out there and do a better job with the same exact car. I did ok for my limited experience and I'm fine with that.

I also think that your car, even untuned, is making similar power given the mods you have. I could be wrong, but looking around the internet, I see similar races ending similarly.

In either case, I'm sure my brother will be more than happy to run it again with him driving. And we will get a video. A win is a win and you won.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

So you also smoked a bike too... Here we go again with the I drug a bike and a fighter jet down the road stories.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slow4Door
Fair enough. I have people telling me you're saying whatever about the race. And that's fine. I'm not a boastful person in any sense of the word and that is how I conduct my business when it comes to races like this. I won't post kill stories or wins or anything (outside of the one race I posted which was between myself and my brother).

I don't buy into the Z not being healthy either. In this case, I think you beat the driver more than anything. Unlike many other people, I will fully admit that I'm not perfect and did not drive the car perfectly. I'm sure someone used to the Z06 could go out there and do a better job with the same exact car. I did ok for my limited experience and I'm fine with that.

I also think that your car, even untuned, is making similar power given the mods you have. I could be wrong, but looking around the internet, I see similar races ending similarly.

In either case, I'm sure my brother will be more than happy to run it again with him driving. And we will get a video. A win is a win and you won.
yea man people can talk all they want... You see what I'm posting.. For a car to run with a c6z from a roll is a fast car to me. I wouldn't mind running your bother that'll be awesome. I'm not a perfect driver either and when the car get's retuned it should be fun
Old 03-24-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

why do u race untuned? lol or do you atleast have a good base tune
Old 03-24-2012, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Heater
Must be a really quick car to out run a motorcycle.
Hmm maybe you should read the story again? It's the rider.. not the bike that makes them fast... Do I think the guy sucked at riding.. yes.. Should that bike of walked me with a decent rider.. of course..
Old 03-24-2012, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
why do u race untuned? lol or do you atleast have a good base tune
Has no dyno time RPM said it had a start up tune and that was it.. they didn't want to tune it with a fualty cam/crank sensor.. truth is.. I shouldn't be running it at all.... I should fix the issue first..
Old 03-24-2012, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

lol i wouldnt if your gonna spend all the money on a H/C setup you should set aside $400-600 for a tune, but thats the fbody thing to do lately lol
Old 03-24-2012, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the money set a side... They want me to fix the issue or pay them 1,000-1,200$ to fix it... I'm not going to pay them that much to dis-assemble the front end and re-tap the sensor bolt I stripped out.. They think I bought the wrong timing set up for my car... even though I told them I stripped that bolt out while on install and the sensor is simply lose... here a link to my build and everything happening with it if you care to follow. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ld-list-7.html
Old 03-24-2012, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

gotcha, well fix it! lol
Old 03-24-2012, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Hmm maybe you should read the story again? It's the rider.. not the bike that makes them fast... Do I think the guy sucked at riding.. yes.. Should that bike of walked me with a decent rider.. of course..

Yeah, I read that cool story, even with a novice rider the bike should of out ran you.

But hey, I've seen crazier stuff posted on the net.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Heater
Yeah, I read that cool story, even with a novice rider the bike should of out ran you.

But hey, I've seen crazier stuff posted on the net.
so you don't think a h/c ls2 can hold it's own against a r6 with a novice rider?
Old 03-24-2012, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

so you don't think a h/c ls2 can hold it's own against a r6 with a novice rider?

I said should; but anything can happen on the street.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

Why is the dude who drove the Z getting butt hurt? He posted a story in the street raving section. Get over it!

You shouldn't be racing your car in the condition it's in though, no real tune and the other issues = bad news...
Old 03-25-2012, 01:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea My car running hella rich.. Most damage could happen is NGK spark plugs fouling.. As all vette's when there's a check engine the car kinda runs in cripple mode.. acceleration is mad hesitant until past 3k rpms. Under full accleration it is still choppy feeling and back fires from hell when I let off the throttle. Just normal synthoms for an untuned car with my issues. I'm very excited to see how well it's going to preform after I fix it and a tune.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:02 AM
10 Second Club

Yea My car running hella rich.. Most damage could happen is NGK spark plugs fouling.. As all vette's when there's a check engine the car kinda runs in cripple mode.. acceleration is mad hesitant until past 3k rpms. Under full accleration it is still choppy feeling and back fires from hell when I let off the throttle. Just normal synthoms for an untuned car with my issues. I'm very excited to see how well it's going to preform after I fix it and a tune.
So you have no clue what the a/f ratio is and your going WOT. Not good for the engine at all.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

Well you said your car should be lighter than my car and it weighs 3120 with a half a tank of gas. You can listen to those stats all day long but until you actually weigh your car they don't really matter.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lilmiller74
Well you said your car should be lighter than my car and it weighs 3120 with a half a tank of gas. You can listen to those stats all day long but until you actually weigh your car they don't really matter.
Yea I know... But the c6z is far lighter reguardless. I took my axle back off the car also so it should be a little lighter.. about 35lb's to be exact I been watching the oil temp in the car and it seemed to stay below 212 after 2 hard runs against the c6z... now my clutch fluid boiled and lost my clutch for about 20 mins... I blame rpm for that.. I think they used dot 3.. sucks to I wanted to run the h/c gto with 150 shot...
Old 03-25-2012, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Yea I know... But the c6z is far lighter reguardless. I took my axle back off the car also so it should be a little lighter.. about 35lb's to be exact I been watching the oil temp in the car and it seemed to stay below 212 after 2 hard runs against the c6z... now my clutch fluid boiled and lost my clutch for about 20 mins... I blame rpm for that.. I think they used dot 3.. sucks to I wanted to run the h/c gto with 150 shot...
How do you figure its "far" lighter? he just said his car with a full tank of gas weighs 3160, my car with a half a tank weighed 3120 and you say your car is lighter than my car..So how is that "far" lighter than your car?
Old 03-26-2012, 12:25 AM
TECH Regular

1/2 tank is about 55lbs but they seem pretty close, did the headers and axle back drop a lot of weight on your car?

Quick Reply: h/c only ls2 c6 vs bike then turbo civic