Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Couldn't reel in a Mini Cooper S

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 06:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Dude..... PS long tubes are $265 to your door. Do yourself a favor and put them in. Made a BIG difference on my ls1.
I had L/T but because of a REF (Smog) ticket I had to take them off. I could have put them on after the REF and court but I didn't want to deal with the hassle.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gmantheman
WTF man. Are you an English major? Wait! I know. You are currently taking English Literature and your trying to dissect every post looking for mistakes. If you are this bent out of shape over a post, then you may have some anger, psychological issues or both. I am not here to write an essay or term paper.
No anger problems, just tired of people like yourself who overly rely on spell check and such to make up for crappy grammar that one cannot even tell what the hell happened because the post is so screwed up! For instance: how could you have an unfair advantage if you lost? You were driving the mini behind yourself? If he is even with you, then how can you "gain" on him?? Now he is behind you until 100 after you said you could not gain on him?? WTF?, make up your mind.

Did you lose? Did he finally pass you? Did you hold him side by side with you after that? Damnit man, write your post as if you were talking to someone and it will come out coherent, unlike that constipated crap you wrote. I don't give a **** if you spell it correctly, just get the story down fluidly like you would say it if we were infront of each other.

Originally Posted by gmantheman
I probably had an unfair advantage but I couldn't reel in a Mini Cooper S. I was MMOB on the hwy doing 75-80 when I was a mini behind be driving rather fast. I downshifted into 3rd and waited until he got about even with me then I punched it but I couldn't gain on him. He must have been going over 100 when he caught up with me. I slowed back down around 110-115. Would this be normal?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
No anger problems, just tired of people like yourself who overly rely on spell check and such to make up for crappy grammar that one cannot even tell what the hell happened because the post is so screwed up! For instance: how could you have an unfair advantage if you lost? You were driving the mini behind yourself? If he is even with you, then how can you "gain" on him?? Now he is behind you until 100 after you said you could not gain on him?? WTF?, make up your mind.

Did you lose? Did he finally pass you? Did you hold him side by side with you after that? Damnit man, write your post as if you were talking to someone and it will come out coherent, unlike that constipated crap you wrote. I don't give a **** if you spell it correctly, just get the story down fluidly like you would say it if we were infront of each other.
Okay fair enough. I should have proof read my post. Is this better? I was driving around 80 mph on the hwy when a mini cooper was fast approaching from behind. I estimate the car was travelling around 100 MPH or so. I down shifted to 3rd and waited until the mini was even with mine before I floored it, but my car couldn't catch the mini. I slowed down after I reached 110-115. Should my car have been able to catch the mini or would it been almost impossible as the mini was traveling 20+ faster then my GTO by the time I tried to catch it?

Last edited by gmantheman; 05-14-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

I know you're pissed at me now, but trust me I'm helping ya.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Relax Sticks. Its a forum.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

I know you're pissed at me now, but trust me I'm helping ya.

Thanks but there was no need to attack me like that. I hastly typed the post. Also, when I wrote term papers and essays I ensure that I proof read them.

Last edited by gmantheman; 05-14-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blackls1ta00
a mini cooper s ?lol
I know. That little ****** was fast.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:14 AM
11 Second Club

More mods. A lot more. And maybe better driving. And finding better races...or actually 3 honk race.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

As a ex Navy petty officer (AMS2) I gotta say something: HOW THE HELL DID AN ILLITERATE LIKE YOU EVER MAKE CHIEF?!?!?!??!! Seriously, you must be using a voice to print feature that was made in China by a communist ***** with a humor streak.

It's pretty obvious that the navy dropped its standards since the 90's eh? So much for the 2 yr college degree minimum education level to make chief.....

You failed the second you mentioned Navy and standards.....

OP its nothing more than the guy had a huge momentum speed advantage. when your already going 60-70+ mphs your going to have a VERY hard time running down someone going 80-90 mph as there beside you.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
More mods. A lot more. And maybe better driving. And finding better races...or actually 3 honk race.
Since I had to make my car CA smog legal, it now has about 60 less peak hp and 40 less peak tq. Down the road I could look into F/I like a maggie or just buy a faster car out of the box.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

Register it out of county/state if you could. Still have a address from your last PCS? Could you do it that way? My car is registered in another country (Here in AZ), and I have no emissions at all on the car, and my county doesn't require testing what so ever.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

remember going to NJ inspection every year with my f-bodies and there smog checks...all emissions were taken off both cars and always passed as i would disconnect the EST, i would assume most cars have them...passed every time, just drove out and popped the hood and re-connected the EST, and then disconnected the battery and re-connected it 3minutes later...my cats were hollowed out as they would see the casings underneath...you automatically go directly to base timing, of course losing approx. 50hp until you change it back....and i agree with what was told to you, hard to stop a pull like that...still you own a GTO and he owns a cooper...
Old 05-16-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No anger problems, just tired of people like yourself who overly rely on spell check and such to make up for crappy grammar that one cannot even tell what the hell happened because the post is so screwed up!
You make a statement like that, and open with a run-on sentence? Let he who casts the first stone...
Old 05-16-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My other car is a Mini Cooper S. The ones they made up until 06 were supercharged, and pull like ******* banshees at those speeds. They are also easily modded with smaller pulleys, etc. There is a whole modding community like there are for LS engines. That guy was likely making 250 hp out of his tin can.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

dont let it get to u a cobalt ss did the same thing to me in town i got my revenge at the red light though lol
Old 05-17-2012, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

As a "Former" AS2 in the Navy, I have to say those AMs are ******* **** retentive. Back the Flock off. If dude is about to make chief did it ever occur to you he might be a drunk like half the chiefs in the navy? Or he could be a Bosun... as the only requirement for chief is to be able to make a monkey fist.... lol.

And maybe they need to teach there Second classes how to read, as he said IF he makes chief there tough guy. Oh I am just trying to help you out there. You might hate me now, but someday you can thank me.

And to the OP, same thing happened to me with a balt like the previous post... came flying by me and I couldnt catch him. Too much to make up. All I did was stop his pull, and I wasnt going to push it any further than 120. A Blown f150 harley edition tried the same thing, only I wasnt stock anymore and he never made it past my front bumper.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my uncle has one and said he would pull on my transam i said do you got $$$ to bet lol.fast little micro minis tho!!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

I will take the fact I couldn't pull on the mini and my grammer miscues in my first post all in stride.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

If you had a Mach1 it wouldnt have even made it to your back bumper.....
Old 05-17-2012, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Since when does Ls1tech have a grammar kill section? Wtf cares !