Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

67 Camaro w/ lq9 vs 2001 Corvette m6

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 67 Camaro w/ lq9 vs 2001 Corvette m6

67 Camaro: LQ9, ls6 intake, 243 heads, eps cam, headers, 3" x-pipe, 4l80e w/ 3k stall, strange 9" rear end, and 3:55 gears.

Corvette: Stock m6 with axle back exhaust

The other night I was headed home in the camaro from a cruise-in and my buddy pulls up beside me in his corvette running about 55. I let him count it down and let him jump first. I kick it and stop his pull and then slowly put about a car on him and let off at about 100.

I don't really know what to think about it. I just got my car on the road a few weeks ago. It has a tune, but not a dyno tune. I outran him, but honestly I thought my car should have done better, I don't know. When I kicked it I was in drive and the transmission had to shift down to third.

Thoughts?
Old 06-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if you already had it in 3rd when you got on it you would have done better . Also not sure what your car weigh's but I imagine the vette is lighter and it's definitely more aerodynamic . All things mentioned but mostly the fact that your transmission had to shift as you got on it instead of being ready to go had the most negative effect . Have you had many other races with your current setup ? I think a 3600 stall and 3.73s would get you scooting a lil quicker but to each his own ! Either way sound's like a cool car you got !