Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
That few horsepower helped your HC LS1 make 450whp
449 corrected man
Old 05-01-2016, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big hammer
449 corrected man
Probably would have made like 360-370whp without the rockers.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
The camaro had a tire as well. Not like it's going to make a difference at stock power levels while roll racing.

I don't consider that light bolt on, ford or otherwise.

It was the greatest hits of the bolt on's. Technically rockers aren't a bolt on as you have to open the engine to get to them. If you consider those to be a bolt on, then everything that attaches to the engine with a bolt would be considered a bolt on.
You don't open the engine, you pull the valve cover...big difference if you actually work on motors and know how **** works. And yes it's been considered a bolt-on for many years dating back to the SBC and TPI days. They do not add much power anyway...the SLP 1.85's made +8whp on a stock LS1. The point was there are plenty of bolt-on's left for the Fbomb in the OP so it is not FBO. Go ahead and scratch the face plated trans and rockers if you will, the other 7 bolt-ons I listed add/free up power and reduce rotational weight to further increase the Gap band.

Last edited by kinglt-1; 05-01-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
What did your LS3 swapped fbody run at the track?
Idk man I never got all fancy with a stop watch and timed it or anything but it was way faster than any of the modded coyotes it beat...But on a side note wtf does that car have to do with this thread?
Originally Posted by Nick.H
I don't consider rockers or springs bolt ons for anybody. And redbird, you never answered DD's question and now I'm curious... What did your car do at the track? I'm planning an LS3 swap as well but with a th400
I've answered him many times he just likes to get all pissy because of how much butthurt that car caused 5.bros. I sold the car a few months after I finished the swap. It was my dd and the rear howled pretty bad so I couldnt afford to break it. Never timed it at the track but it did beat up on a lot of coyote cars. Realistically the car should have easily gone 11's trapping 120-123 but I cant say for sure

It made 450/440 with bolt ons stock cam on pump 93. I still had about 20-30 more hp in that motor I could have squeezed out too. E85 and ported mani would have pickep up 20 or so and 1.85 rockers would have added more. Car was absolutely useless on the street with 295's and 3.90s needed a tire bad but being a daily there was much I could do. With a th400 and some WR i see no reason a good bolt on ls3 in a catfish cant go 10s, pair it with a cam and who knows

Nope, not a bolt on for any car.
That poll was up for ~3 hours before racejeep deleted it due to butthurt...

LS1tech fast list does not allow rockers/springs for bolt ons.

Agreed.

Redbird doesn't race, but somehow his old car gets brought up as a proper LS3 swapped 4rf gen car.

Agreed and GT500 needs driver mod.
You were the first one to bring it up here lmao maybe if there was a bolt on 5.0h fast enough to challenge it near me without a set of turbos or a blower I would have been more inclined to track it. :/
Old 05-01-2016, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
Wow, you got a sample size of 24 people, 15 of which agree. I'll alert the media.

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
You don't open the engine, you pull the valve cover...big difference if you actually work on motors and know how **** works. And yes it's been considered a bolt-on for many years dating back to the SBC and TPI days. They do not add much power anyway...the SLP 1.85's made +8whp on a stock LS1. The point was there are plenty of bolt-on's left for the Fbomb in the OP so it is not FBO. Go ahead and scratch the face plated trans and rockers if you will, the other 7 bolt-ons I listed add/free up power and reduce rotational weight to further increase the Gap band.
I do work on engines... A lot.... Pulling the valve covers is opening the engine, plain and simple.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

They've been bolt ons since fox and tpi days. Get over it. You gonna discredit all those fox 5.0's by saying they're not.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Wow, you got a sample size of 24 people, 15 of which agree. I'll alert the media.

I do work on engines... A lot.... Pulling the valve covers is opening the engine, plain and simple.
Move to A dictatorship if you don't like democracy man
Old 05-01-2016, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Keep diverting from the main point...well done!
Old 05-01-2016, 10:07 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
Idk man I never got all fancy with a stop watch and timed it or anything but it was way faster than any of the modded coyotes it beat...But on a side note wtf does that car have to do with this thread?
Any proof of these runs? Have you ever posted up a vid of a kill?
I've answered him many times he just likes to get all pissy because of how much butthurt that car caused 5.bros. I sold the car a few months after I finished the swap. It was my dd and the rear howled pretty bad so I couldnt afford to break it. Never timed it at the track but it did beat up on a lot of coyote cars. Realistically the car should have easily gone 11's trapping 120-123 but I cant say for sure
Lots of cool starries of br0 kills and real ricer on your track estimates. Have you ever run one of your cars at the track? lol
It made 450/440 with bolt ons stock cam on pump 93. I still had about 20-30 more hp in that motor I could have squeezed out too. E85 and ported mani would have pickep up 20 or so and 1.85 rockers would have added more. Car was absolutely useless on the street with 295's and 3.90s needed a tire bad but being a daily there was much I could do. With a th400 and some WR i see no reason a good bolt on ls3 in a catfish cant go 10s, pair it with a cam and who knows
More ricer stuff and excuses ^

You were the first one to bring it up here lmao maybe if there was a bolt on 5.0h fast enough to challenge it near me without a set of turbos or a blower I would have been more inclined to track it. :/
Your car must have been so proper, Hiocrew ever proud of you.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Keep diverting from the main point...well done!

Oh I get your point fine. You're trying to down play the LS1 beating 5.0 because it's not "full bolt on", but in reality, the other bolt ons might pick up 15RWP, as compared to 50+RWP from the others.

The serious power mods were already done, only someone with more money than sense would spend the extra cash for such a small gain.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

Lots of power left in that thing
Old 05-01-2016, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh I get your point fine. You're trying to down play the LS1 beating 5.0 because it's not "full bolt on", but in reality, the other bolt ons might pick up 15RWP, as compared to 50+RWP from the others.

The serious power mods were already done, only someone with more money than sense would spend the extra cash for such a small gain.
Not downplaying anything...The 4th gen in OP is not FBO it's that simple. UDP, EWP, and True duals will pick up more then 15whp. Now you are trying to down play the remaining mods. Basically there is a half second left in that car if he truly went FBO and fully optimized that setup. Doing just the "serious power mods" as you put it still does not make the car FBO.

More money then sense has nothing to do with the point that is being made. The point is there are Bolt-ons left so the car is again not FBO. The last little bit of power always costs the most, just the way it is.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not downplaying anything...The 4th gen in OP is not FBO it's that simple. UDP, EWP, and True duals will pick up more then 15whp. Now you are trying to down play the remaining mods. Basically there is a half second left in that car if he truly went FBO and fully optimized that setup. Doing just the "serious power mods" as you put it still does not make the car FBO.

More money then sense has nothing to do with the point that is being made. The point is there are Bolt-ons left so the car is again not FBO. The last little bit of power always costs the most, just the way it is.
Uh huh. UDP's gain about 6RWP, EWP gains about 3RWP. True duals aren't going to pick up jack **** on a car that already has headers and exhaust.

But since your panties are in a bunch, I will reword. 90% bolt on LS1 just barely edges 5.0L, not sure what you're bragging about.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Rockers and springs were considered bolt ons in 5.0 ,LT1,TPI days. They gained more since they had stock stamped rockers than ls motors sans LT4s. Legal bolt on for NMRA stock class too which required stock heads and cam.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Uh huh. UDP's gain about 6RWP, EWP gains about 3RWP. True duals aren't going to pick up jack **** on a car that already has headers and exhaust.

But since your panties are in a bunch, I will reword. 90% bolt on LS1 just barely edges 5.0L, not sure what you're bragging about.

You have no idea what you posting about
Old 05-02-2016, 01:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
You have no idea what you posting about
Actually I do. Found several people that dyno tested LS1's with and without UDP's. 8RWP cold, 6RWP hot.

As for the dual exhaust argument, we can go WAY back on this very forum. It's actually good for another point that I've made around here before. Back in 02, when these cars had no real competition, the owners were far less retarded. There is a 10 year bump halfway through this thread and look at the bullshit that gets spewed.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...e-exhaust.html

As for the water pump, hotrod.com to the rescue.

Originally Posted by hotrod
The Test
The same AFR-headed 372ci small-block Chevy we ran during the tach test (see pg. 78) was used here. We made three pulls with each combination of parts, made sure the water and oil temps were identical at the start of each pull, then averaged the results using SuperFlow's Windyn software.

The Results
Using the Meziere electric pump and no other accessories, the small-block put out 531.2 hp at 6,600 rpm and 475.9 lb-ft of torque at 5,300 rpm (as an average of the three pulls). We bolted on the Weiand Action Plus water pump and Trans-Dapt 1.0:1 billet aluminum pulleys and found 527.5 hp and 474.5 lb-ft of torque at the same rpm points, resulting in a loss of 3.7 hp and 1.4 lb-ft. Next, we simulated the restriction that a pressurized, closed cooling system would place on the water pump by installing a restrictor plate with a 5/8-inch hole in the water neck. We found no difference in power.

We swapped the Trans-Dapt parts for the March Performance underdrive pulleys and regained almost all of the lost performance from the mechanical pump. The dyno kicked back 530.8 hp and 474.1 lb-ft on average, almost making the mechanical water pump and underdrive pulleys the Meziere's equal in power.

When we swapped to the GMB water pump, using the March underdrive pulleys, we recorded an average of 523.1 hp and 470.9 lb-ft of torque, 8.1 hp less than the Meziere electric pump and 4.4 hp less than the Weiand mechanical pump.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Your car must have been so proper, Hiocrew ever proud of you.
Ya man I gots a whole mess of videos I just keep them in a secret stash
Old 05-02-2016, 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

Actually I do. Found several people that dyno tested LS1's with and without UDP's. 8RWP cold, 6RWP hot.

As for the dual exhaust argument, we can go WAY back on this very forum. It's actually good for another point that I've made around here before. Back in 02, when these cars had no real competition, the owners were far less retarded. There is a 10 year bump halfway through this thread and look at the bullshit that gets spewed.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...e-exhaust.html

As for the water pump, hotrod.com to the rescue.
Oh 2002, back when the stock fbody maf was good enough for like 500 hp, y pipes were hip, and ls6 intakes were just the hot ****

And comparing an EWP from an old SBC... Cool. On an ls1 they're well documented to make 6-8 RWHP
Old 05-02-2016, 08:30 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
Ya man I gots a whole mess of videos I just keep them in a secret stash
Lets see some of your vids then.

PS. Why is your sig up to date other than your LS3 swapped 4rf gen? Thought it was sold....

Still working on your Ecred?
Old 05-02-2016, 08:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Op's car is fbo. Maybe not every single mod possible but it is still fbo.

Quick Reply: Stock ls1 vs stock coyotah vs stock gt100