Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a Heavily Modded WRX for $$$

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 04:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced a Heavily Modded WRX for $$$

so i get a call tonight from a friend who is like "Dude this 2002 WRX wants to run you right now." it's still a tad bit wet out and i decline and say "no let's wait till a better day when it's dry out." Then i decide to throw out a new idea on the table. "I'll race him from a roll for $50." Figured might as well put some money down and make it worth my while. So the WRX agrees. When i meet them he proceeds to tell me his WRX is stock (LOL I can see the huge exhaust and i can hear the BOV as well). so i tell him i just have an exhaust. We line up on the freeway doin about 40 mph. I honk to 3 and we're off. pulled about 2 cars on him to 60 and kept pullin through third. Once i hit 4th i had a good bus on him. He paid up he was real cool about it and we exchanged phone numbers. on the way home he asks to run from a dig just for fun. we line up, light turns green and i spin HARD through 1st and 2nd (ground is wet) and he's about 3 cars up on me now and i could NOT REEL HIM BACK IN all the way up to 4th gear. He stayed 3 cars ahead and i was like how did i not reel him back in?! We pulled over and talked for a bit and then the truth comes out...."Yeah dude my **** is sooooooo modded. I got STI turbo, STI Top Mount Intercooler, Intercooler hoses, Boost Controller runnin 18psi, Uppipe/downpipe/catback, intake, BOV, and other little ****." Good thing i didn't agree to run him from a dig. Either way, i walked home with an extra $50 in my pocket so i'm happy

Last edited by Chevy4Life; 02-14-2005 at 04:24 AM.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:12 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Default Great Job!

Now save for some serious mods and kill em all! I ran a super quick one modded too and he called me out and I handed him his *** REAL bad. When you invest in a good cam and/or H/C combo, it's unreal how hard your car will pull on them after 2nd gear. Great job though, but never assume you are fast enough, then one will get ya. Keep building power.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

nice kill......dont feel so bad about not reeling him back..... im surpirsed he agreed to doing only one race from a dig......i guess almost stock boost (for a STI) made him think he can pull on you up top...

good work....i guess that covers gas.....
Old 02-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Nice Kill.
Theres a STI I wanna race, I changed his oil and he was talkin to me. He said this was his 2nd engine cause he blew the other one up. I dont know what mods he has, It had stickers all over the side, and a Big sticker of Blitz on his hood/fender. He had the big exhaust can and a toggle switch which im guessing was N20... but Im going to try and race him once I get my cam in and tuned.