Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

raced a probe... i think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default raced a probe... i think?

so i had to make a quick trip to sears and on the way back i get stuck in the normal afternoon traffic. So i'm stopped at a light, about 10 cars back when some 16-17 year old kid in a probe pulls up about a car ahead of me in the other lane, blasting some crazy kind of rap/techno music on his 4 blown speakers. so i ignore him, and just sort of roll my eyes. he honks his horn, which catches my attention and i see his bald tires slowly turning, then a small puff of smoke puffs out and he stops. he seemed real cool anyway i pull up beside him as traffic starts to move and he screams "light em um" i roll my eyes again and slowly inch forward. as we start to move, the right lane opens up (road goes from 3 to 4 lanes) so i pull into the right lane and give it about 3/4 throttle in 2nd from about 35, instantly putting about 10 cars on him and the rest of the traffic. so i pull up to the next light about a mile up the road and this joker pulls up behind me, so when the light turns green i ease through the intersection (first gear sucks) and get up to about 45 in 2nd and he pulls up beside me. i look over and he signals me to go by pointing forward. in the time it took me to get from 45-70 there was about 10-15 car lengths between us, so i just put it in 6th and gave him the peace sighn out the window as he turned off. i dunno if he floored it too or just wanted to see me go, so slow....
Old 02-17-2005, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Hmmmmmmm...... He knew he didnt have a chance at even being able to read your tag. No race was even in mind you would got a better race out of a focus.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

great slaughter......
Old 02-17-2005, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

same thing happend to me ... i was driving the z06 the other day when a focus all kitted out pulls up to me and keeps gunning it and stopping to get next to me.. he paces me and floors it.. i didn't even bother dropping gears... just matted it.. blew him a new one.. we each caught the red light and he tells me he wasn't trying to race, just wanted to see it go... at least he knows his place on the food chain!
Old 02-18-2005, 08:55 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by u lose
same thing happend to me ... i was driving the z06 the other day when a focus all kitted out pulls up to me and keeps gunning it and stopping to get next to me.. he paces me and floors it.. i didn't even bother dropping gears... just matted it.. blew him a new one.. we each caught the red light and he tells me he wasn't trying to race, just wanted to see it go... at least he knows his place on the food chain!

yeah I hear that. I've had numerous times with egg on my face so to speak, thinking that guys were being ******** but really they just wanted to see my car go. That's kind of embarassing cause then I look like the idiot for getting all worked up about it. it's hard to tell sometimes, ya know?