Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Funny/moronic 240Z driver

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny/moronic 240Z driver

I was leaving Sonic tonight with my brother(I go to college and the Z28 stays at home, so since I was home he wanted to go riding around) and I pull out and give it a little gas and some crazy guy in a turbo'd 240Z FLYS up out of nowhere, almost rearends me, then goes over into the other lane and flys up the road. I'm sitting here thinking, you sumbitch, you almost hit me. I'm not gonna race you, I'm gonna drag your *** out of your car and run over your face with your OWN damn car. I digress...

So the next light up(keep in mind we are on the main street in town, police station is located on this street and it's crawling with cops). He won't look over, green light, I don't take off, just normal driving, he FLYS on like a full-blown race. I laugh until the next light. Get beside him, I roll down the pass. window and yell, "HEY, whatcha runnin'?" and he responds, "Oh it's just slow." I say, "Yeah, I can tell." He looks at me all pissed off and says, "Ran a 9.7 today", to which I reply, "Scared of a 1/4 mile, cause I know THAT didn't run a 9 in the quarter mile." He responds, "Nah, the 1/8th strip is closer." I respond, "Yeah, mine's around 13.3 or so...quarter mile, that is...you do the math." Light turns green, he ******* rips it again, spool winds up and he takes off. I never even go over the speed limit. This is the city I grew up in, these are redneck-assed cops that will pull over a damn Buick Regal for going 1mph over LOL. Anyways, next light, he looks at me all pissed off and says, "WELL IF YA GOT A GODDAMNED CAMARO, STOP BEING A ***** AND RUN IT!" and revved his engine. I look at him, laugh, and say, "Racing down main street when the speed limit is 35 and we're a mile from the police station makes just TOO much sense for me. Tell ya what, you follow me to I-40, I'll give you 2 car length head start, and I'll beat your *** real quick so you can go home happy. Otherwise, enjoy your night out jerking yourself off." He looks at me all pissed and says, "**** that, if you won't run from a light, **** you". I look at him like he's crazy, start laughing, and yell, "YOU HAVE A TURBO...IT MAKES MORE SENSE FOR YOU TO TAKE OFF FROM A ROLL THAN FROM A STOP! I'M GIVING YOU TAKEOFF ADVANTAGE AND 2 CAR LENGTHS!" He rolls his eyes, the light changes, he mashes it, goes around me into the left turn-lane. I wave and smile and go about my night. My brother is sitting in the passenger seat laughing his *** off at this fool.

I guess the guy(late 20s/early 30s) wasn't used to an 18 year old driving a V8 and NOT wanting to race.