Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cobra mustang goes down.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cobra mustang goes down.

Sunday was a beautiful day here in Iowa, and I was cruising the main street of a local town, when a '94/'95 SVT Cobra cruises by, revving. Sounded good, I'm guessing Flowmaster exhaust. Anyway, I ended up behind him at a light, and he kept revving, acting like a dumbass, and got loose leaving the stoplight. So, cruising along, I got up next to him, gave him the nod, and he took the hit. We were cruising about 35-40 mph, so my car was kind of a dog off the hit, but sure enough, I drove out around him without any trouble. We only ran up top about 55-60, which is where I shut it down. He then drove by me, flipping ME the bird. Nice guy. So I followed him a little, trying to get him to meet me outside of town and run from a dig, but he pussed out. Oh well, it was fun, and I'll admit his Cobra did sound pretty mean.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:47 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

quick race but sweet. good job.

brad
Old 03-28-2005, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

So basically you raced from 40-55 ish?
Old 03-28-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, but he wouldn't race me again. I tried to run again for real, but I think I pulled on him bad enough he didn't want any more. He was still on it when I lifted, but I was already in front of him a ways.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WhiteTXMach
So basically you raced from 40-55 ish?
Didn't you get the street racing memo? That's the new thing. It's in, it's cool...it's not a race. You see, this way ricers(i know there wasn't one in this race) can't lose.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I was in high school, the little 'from a roll' tangle was simply a challenge for the actual race. He took the hit, otherwise I would've cruised on. I figured he wanted to go line 'em up somewhere, but, as I said, he pussed out. Too bad, I wanted to see how bad i would've destroyed him from a dig. But, I guess things have changed, and nobody wants to play anymore in my town. Its been a while since I've done ANY 'street racing', I've pretty much been involed in real Drag Racing. Too bad I couldn't get this puss to really race. Maybe I can stir up some **** around town and get him to go to the strip sometime this summer.