Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

97ish Z28 Vs. '96 GSX

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97ish Z28 Vs. '96 GSX

So a buddy and I were heading south on I-5 cruising at about 65 just taking it easy. Up ahead I see a silver Camaro and decide to take a closer look. As I get up to his rear bumper I hear him downshift into 3rd (going around 70). I try to get his attention so we can run 'em. He will NOT look! His friend looks over and starts laughing then the car jumps...meahwhile I'm in 5th. So I catch back up when he slows back down and he does the same thing! By now I'm ticked! I get up to him and start honking, he finally looks over and I tell him to honk it off to three. I downshift into 3rd and now we are going at a steady 60mph pace. He honks it and I wait for him to hit it and we're off. by around 110 I had about 1 1/2 to 2 cars on him. Then I tried to get him to exit the freeway so we could talk and he wouldn't even look at me. So I got off without the satisfaction of knowing exactly what I had beat.

The only thing I know he had for sure was exhaust. He also had a dual gauge A-pillar but I'm not sure what else.

I'm hoping to run into him again so I can find out what he has done.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably know as well as anyone that not a lot of people know about the potential of Eclipses, which is probably why he looked pissed. If I didn't know anything about them, I'd be pretty down too.

Nice setup, and nice kill. Do you have any track times or anything? I'm sure some 1.6x 60' times are the norm.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

I love those AWD launches from 5k. My brother has one similar to yours and it's fun to drive around on the street.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
You probably know as well as anyone that not a lot of people know about the potential of Eclipses, which is probably why he looked pissed. If I didn't know anything about them, I'd be pretty down too.

Nice setup, and nice kill. Do you have any track times or anything? I'm sure some 1.6x 60' times are the norm.

No official track times. Every time I plan on going to the 1/8 mile track here something comes up and I can't make it. I have a Beltronics accelerometer though and Have run some low boost runs on that. I never got the car tuned though because shortly after I put the turbo, exhaust, injectors, etc... on I decided to do the Miata build so I wanted to save some money. 1.6's are pretty common with the AWD! I just don't want to break anything before I sell it so I haven't really done to many runs from a dig.