Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a Sylvia with sr20det.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced a Sylvia with sr20det.

Driving down the highway, i look in my rearview mirror and see what looked like an older 240sx riding my ***. I speed up a bit and he's still pacing me. Traffic in the other lane finally opens up so then he flies into the other lane and passes me. That's when i notice "Sylvia" imprinted on the back of his car. The light in front of us turns yellow and i'm thinkin this is going to be a good race cause i could definitely tell he had a stout motor in the car. So i pull up next to him at the light and ask what he has. He replies "SR20 w/ a few mods on stock turbo" and then asks me the same question. I tell him just some exhaust work .
Light turns green, we both hit it. Put his Front bumper to my rear bumper through 1st and 2nd gear and held it there all the way up to 4th gear where we shut it down . I had no more than a half car on him the whole time. It was actually a close race he held with me pretty good. He was a nice guy, gave me thumbs up as he drove by . Are these results about right? Mods in sig...
Old 05-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Launching!

I know a guy with a 240 with a SR20 and upgraded turbo. He runs 11.1's at 126 on slicks. They can move pretty good.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:00 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah that sounds about right. A buddy of mine has an S14, and when he was only putting down ~260whp, I only put about two cars on em.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

those are much better than average times for that car unless he had some serious weight reduction. more than likely he was not on stock boost and he might not count a tune as a mod. but i dont have to tell you you guys already know forced induction can work wonders...and for the record the spelling is "silvia"