Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

old pig falls....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old pig falls....

out driving around yesterday on the only road not under construction.
this guy pulls along side me in this 71-72 rs camaro. boy racer spec.
cowl hood, lumpy cam, 5in monster tach, slapper bars. i didn't want to go from where we were at (2 blocks from the police station) we caught the next light (1 mile from police station) we both go from a 5 roll from the light, hazing the tires i had a fender, trophy winning powershift later i'm skating sideways, as soon as the tires hook i pull past a full car length on him. just as i was getting to the top of 2nd he knows it's over and backs down...
the funny thing is my car is almost stock (98 SS mn6) with just headers and a cat back. thought most car guys know what these things run. seems to me a stock ls1 would have taken him...was fun anyways, my girlfriend wasn't happy
Old 05-11-2005, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

You got lucky! And you must have learned a lot in the last couple years if your powershifting is trophy winning now!!

Originally Posted by OWENMUSTANG
out driving around yesterday on the only road not under construction.
this guy pulls along side me in this 71-72 rs camaro. boy racer spec.
cowl hood, lumpy cam, 5in monster tach, slapper bars. i didn't want to go from where we were at (2 blocks from the police station) we caught the next light (1 mile from police station) we both go from a 5 roll from the light, hazing the tires i had a fender, trophy winning powershift later i'm skating sideways, as soon as the tires hook i pull past a full car length on him. just as i was getting to the top of 2nd he knows it's over and backs down...
the funny thing is my car is almost stock (98 SS mn6) with just headers and a cat back. thought most car guys know what these things run. seems to me a stock ls1 would have taken him...was fun anyways, my girlfriend wasn't happy
Old 05-11-2005, 09:32 AM
TECH Regular

Old 05-12-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Fryguy302
You got lucky! And you must have learned a lot in the last couple years if your powershifting is trophy winning now!!
atleast 2nd anyway, how does that go? couldn't find 3rd with a road map?
Old 05-12-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

as far as the old pig goes, as you know, they either are really fast or really slow. this guy didn't seem like he could build one of the fast ones! i was more worried about cops...
Old 05-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

You could get an RS with a 305 2-barrel in it back then, ya know. The RS option was purely cosmetic. Only the SS and Z-28 packages increased performance in any way.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WestsideWRX
You could get an RS with a 305 2-barrel in it back then, ya know. The RS option was purely cosmetic. Only the SS and Z-28 packages increased performance in any way.
you mean a 307?
anyway he asked for it