Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ran into some audi, think an s4

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ran into some audi, think an s4

So i was quickly trying to get home the other day and saw a black audi zipping in and out of traffic. Most audis suck so I went to catch him. As I approached I could find no letters on the car to let me know what it was. All I saw was a red rectangle next to a white rectangle on the back left rear of car. His exhaust was obviously aftermarket as it was very, very ricer. I got up next to him and dropped a gear to get his attention. He was a cool one and we were kind of revving and letting off due to traffic. He took off from a stop one time when i had some traffic in front of me and he was off like a shot. After talking to my friend we decided it was an S4. He wasn't pulling on me in 2nd gear from what I could tell but there is no way I could get out of the hole like him. I tried to get him to go on the interstate but he turned off at walmart. WTF. well I guess i will never know. I really wanted to run him. Anybody else have a run in with one of these and am I right to guess an S4?
Old 05-20-2005, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

s4 awd....newer ones are v8s older are TT...v8s are pretty fast...TT can be easily
Old 05-20-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

red rectangle next to a white rectangle

Yeah sounds like an S4. If it has the new grille then it is definately a V8 and has about 340 HP with Quattro (AWD). Only the 2004 had the old style grille with the V8. Before that it was a twin turbo V6 and only packed about 250 HP. Which if you consider the new A4 it is not very fast since the A4 has 250 HP.

The S4 handles like it is on rails and in the twistys or exit ramps or wet and snowy weather it is a lot of fun to drive and is quick as a whip. But in straight line it is a low 13 second car (maybe high 12 with the right driver and conditions) and has a pretty sweet 0 to 60. If it was from a stop a stock LS1 F-Body can take it but if you have a stock LS1 A4 the S4 will have advantages from a roll with its 6 speed auto or manual.

Sounds like this guy had an older S4 with the TT 6 and you would have embarassed him.

BTW did it look anything like the S4 by my car (see pics below)? If it did than that is the older model and probably had the TT for sure. The one by my car is a 2004 S4 with the V8.