Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

One win and many losses

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default One win and many losses

Well went cruzin down Gratiot on Saturday night and saw, of course, many nice and very fast cars. Ran my friend's SS with a chip and 4:10s and lost by about a car or so from 15 to 75 or so. Second go around was a Saleen S281 I think was what the badges said. This guy said he was all motor and we didn't really have an all out race but it was obivious he had the upper hand in the matter from the cat and mouse we played and some small bursts. Taped many nice cars including V8Maro and his beautiful SS which was godly sounding. Hopefully I will be able to figure out how to post it up on the net so you all can see.

The worst part of the night was getting pulled over by the cops, because my dumbass friend decided to ignore my requests to stop filming out of the T-tops. So we both received tickets, and of course mine was much worse, the cop gave me a careless driving ticket which I intend to fight. My aunt coincidentally works for the courthouse in Roseville so that should help me a little.

From their I was so pissed that I just head home, because I had to work in 6 hours. The ride home lightened the mood as we frinally met up with a kid that I went to high school with who had just broken in his new 350 with cam and forged internals. He blew his old motor on his RS Camaro, I believe its a 92 or somewhere around that year. He says he should be running around 400 to the rear before he sprays a 100 shot on top of that. Well we are headed back and we get onto a COMPLETLY empty road out in the middle of nowhere, so I'm thinkin what the hell might as well give it a go. I watch him and he takes the hit at around 50 and from their to 105 or so the mighty LS1 pulls hard with me ending up ahead almost 2 lenghts. Maybe he has to work on shifting but I expected a lot more from his car. None the less I went home with some pride and satisfaction.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kills man, Gratiot was a lot of fun when i was there last year, except its now infested with cops catching everyone racing
Old 06-05-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah there were cops everywhere, they really ruin a good time.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was out there Saturday and saw you and your friend. All I thought was, isn't that illegal and I am pretty sure you would get pulled over for that lol. Sorry but your friend could use a some more common sense.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't apologize he a dumbass.