Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ls1 vs gt should it have been this close?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 01:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 vs gt should it have been this close?

Okay my buddy has not believed me that ls1's are underrated and all that and i have been trying to prove it to him but he just wont listen so the other day when we were coming home from ballys i taunted him into a race.
His car is an 03 gt with a cai, bigger maf, bigger throttle body, diablo chip, long tubes, aftermarket xpipe, catback, underdrive pulley, and 3.73's. My car is a 98 z28 with 130,000 miles mac headers with true duals, power programmer, and a lid. I also have a slipping clutch and i have him outweighed by about 100 lbs(250). Basically we went at it at about a 65 punch we both put it in third and took off exactly together. Third gear i put about a car and a half on him I shifted at 6, and then automatically pulled about 3 and half to four cars by the top of fourth. Now my question is this his car only dynoed at 270hp and 300tq(strictly performance dyno). shouldnt i have pulled away harder in third considering my car put down more than that stock. I have also raced a stock looking ws6, z28, and a couple of vettes on the highway and its always the same i barely pull in third and then start pulling away harder in fourth. Are the miles starting to get to my car or what?
Old 06-16-2005, 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds about right. You have to take into account that alot of the reason you blow them away right after shifting into fourth is because of the ground work third gear did for you.