Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C LT1 vs Built Jetta

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default H/C LT1 vs Built Jetta

Merged onto route 1, and I notice a normal looking early 2000's jetta in the left lane cruisin. As I look over to make sure my lane is clear to merge, I notice he has a FMIC, so I say hmm to myself. He is hangin back about a car or so and then he passes slowly with a faint turbo whoosh. I decide to follow and when the lanes are clear I jump next to him to get a better look and sure enough he gives me a little boost action. The car sounds serious. We play a little cat and mouse for a mile until we catch a light. I asked whats done, he responds fully built and runs 11.9. I ask if he wants to run? he obliges and we get ready for the green. I keep an eye on the light and bam it goes green....but I bog the launch BAD and luckily so did he lol. I bet the people behind us had a good laugh. I mat the throttle in first as does he and I start to rip away as he waits to spool. I'm almost two cars out in first and I hear the turbo spooling hard, but he doesnt pull up but I keep a consistent pull until getting into 4th when I let off with a lead of 4-4.5 cars.

At the next light, he quickyl responds his o2 sensor is jacked up and is messing his fuel delivery all up. So I smile and just go on my merry way, but I hold second gear and sure enough he tries to hit it from behind me. I slam the throttle down and he has a car or so on me with me stopping his pull but barely inching on him. His car did a lot better that time, and he even said he cleared his codes which said made the car run better until it figured out the o2 is messed up.

It sounded pretty bad *** and did have some serious *****, but I dont believe the 11.9 time at all. My only final remarks are why do people insist on pushing their cars when they arent running how they should. This leads me to believe he is bsing and needs to make excuses.

A turbo 911 came up behind me a little bit later and went and played with the jetta, but I didnt want to give chase because we were coming up on a state trooper station. I broke the law enough tonight and wasnt gonna push my luck.

sorry for the long post. lol
Old 06-16-2005, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love rt 1. got beat by a 300zx on that road a while back. nice road to race on.