Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Beat an SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beat an SRT-4

Hey,

Just raced a 2005 White SRT-4 tonight and I was actually suprised I beat him. My Buddys told me about a guy they know who bought a white SRT-4 and was looking for someone to race tonight and they were telling me I should go run him, personally I thought I was going to lose. The SRT is bone stock and has 3,000 miles on the clock, my mods are in my sig. So we go down to Pizza Hut to meet the kid and he takes one look at my car and says " This is a waste of time I know im going to win.'' I was like ok buddy lets go, so we race from two stops, we go out on the road line up and I honk three times and were off! I get the jump and pull a car length on him and it stays that way until 110. So after we slow down we catch a red light and the kid has a pissed off look on his face, it turns green and he gets a hair of a jump on me but I then I retake the lead and its the same result again! So we all pull over and the kids like '' oh I didnt launch right and my foot slipped off the clutch on both races''. Im like ''ok'' so me and my friends leave and go
back to Pizza hut to get something to eat and laugh about it the whole way there. Well this is my kill story for the night hope you enjoyed.

P.S. Yes the guy knew how to drive his car he was just making excuses like any cocky punk.

-Chris
Old 07-19-2005, 12:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

not suprising to me at all....when i raced a couple of srt4's in my car from a 40 roll and destroyed them, my brother's CAI and borla 94 z28 auto ( at 40 mph) really only got pulled because it was an auto, at 55 mph it woulda been dead even, from a dig i would expect it the advantage to go to the guy with 325+ lb-ft of torque
Old 07-19-2005, 12:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow you must have a strong car or that guy really cant drive. Once a SRT gets rolling its a pretty tough opponent for a LT1 car.

Usually a dig race is where an LT1 car has the best chance because SRTs are so tough to launch, well not tough just most people dont know the right technique. Most srt owners down realize that WOT in first is actually detrimental to any attempt at dag racing.

When I had my 04 SRT I ran a 97 TA from a roll 3 times from various speeds, 30-60, and I raped him, even with extra bodies in my car. We went from a dig and the story was reverse, he got a huge hole shot and I had a tough time reeling him in, meaning I was never able to.

Good runs, and near stock Lt1 car that can give an SRT a good raping definitely has some good bragging rights.

When I had 500 miles on my SRT, I raced an Intake/Exhaust 02 GT 5spd Mustang, and I was able to pull a fender on him from a dig and hold that lead till over 60, where he let off.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Resident

good kill, i especially like the parts about pizza hut haha
Old 07-19-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey don't cry about your A4. auto's kick ***!

I really don't doubt your outcome, SRTs are fast and all, but it's not too hard to outdo them. he probably didn't have it broken in either, which helps you.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
hey don't cry about your A4. auto's kick ***!

I really don't doubt your outcome, SRTs are fast and all, but it's not too hard to outdo them. he probably didn't have it broken in either, which helps you.
It was well broken in ,I looked to make sure before we raced and it had over 3,000 miles
Old 07-19-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

3000 miles is enough time for break in